2010 Pitching Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2010 Pitching Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2010 Pitching Rankings

Postby B-Chad » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 am

DaSh 1s wrote:Gio Gonzalez and Wade LeBlanc make the list but no Ricky Romero?

I have no problem with Gio Gonzalez being on the list and no Romero, but not a fan of LeBlanc. Romero's season really kind of came out of nowhere. Obviously he was a first round pick so he has some pedigree, but his minor league numbers were pretty unimpressive. Not sure how much is truth and how much is sensationalism, but I believe I've read in the past that sinkerballers often have a tougher time navigating the minors in a timely fashion and often struggle to control their sinkerball. If that's the case, maybe that's Romero's problem. That said, I'm not buying into him in the rough and tumble AL-East given his track record and surprising emergence last year.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:29 am

Did anyone mention Ian Snell? I think he should be moved up about 5 spots - to about the 105th SP spot.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby silverZ » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:29 am

Randy Johnson needs to be replaced.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:
TribeIn2012 wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:In Seattle, Lee's going to have a tiny WHIP, because his BAA is going to be miniscule with that defense behind him - especially with Jack Wilson for a full year.

Yes, this is why I have him ranked in the top 10. Lee has been dominant the past two seasons and with that defense behind him and pitching in Safeco...watch out.

I sure hope so.....BUT remember he is losing that offensive Juggernaut to get him leads and WINS!!! I am a Lee owner, and hope he continues his success. :-]

Does Beltre's move to Boston have any effect on the defense behind Lee, or does Wilson's addition make it a wash? I can't recall if Beltre's return to Seattle was ever a possibility..
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Figgins isn't as great as Beltre (nobody is close), but Figgins is still one of the top 3 defensive 3b in the league.

A full year of Wilson, plus Figgins, and Kotchman replacing Branyan at 1b more than make up for the defensive loss of Beltre.

LF will be a drop off from Endy Chavez to Balentein or Bradley, but their defense is still either the best or second best (behind Boston) in baseball.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby B-Chad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Figgins isn't as great as Beltre (nobody is close), but Figgins is still one of the top 3 defensive 3b in the league.

A full year of Wilson, plus Figgins, and Kotchman replacing Branyan at 1b more than make up for the defensive loss of Beltre.

LF will be a drop off from Endy Chavez to Balentein or Bradley, but their defense is still either the best or second best (behind Boston) in baseball.

+1. Toss in the fact he's no longer pitching in a band box, and at worst I think Lee's move is a wash. Perhaps you see fewer strikeouts as he won't be facing a pitcher and an NL 8 hitter, but he may see a better ERA as some (perhaps many) fly balls that would leave the ballpark in Philly will stay in the yard and be gobbled up in Safeco.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers