2010 Pitching Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2010 Pitching Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2010 Pitching Rankings

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Tru hooked him up with his tax people too, one less thing depressing him now.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:45 pm

J35J wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:Yeah, when you are depressed so much that you are suicidal, it can affect your performance.

Even more of a reason to stay away from him until he shows you something that would sway you differently.

That's a nice KC Royals logo you have there. How's Greinke treating you?
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:
J35J wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:Yeah, when you are depressed so much that you are suicidal, it can affect your performance.

Even more of a reason to stay away from him until he shows you something that would sway you differently.

LOL, first thing, Greinke was never "suicidal". Second, it took him more than a year to get over his issues.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 pm

I don't think you, as Greinke's doctor, should be divulging those secrets.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:I don't think you, as Greinke's doctor, should be divulging those secrets.

You win, your the man!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby B-Chad » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:07 am

Curtis Pride wrote:
J35J wrote:

Good comparison. I mean clearly Ian Snell was spoken of in the same prospect vein as Zack Greinke :-° Give it a rest dude. I appologize that we don't want to take your gut feeling as gospel and bump Ian Snell into our collective top 25 pitchers. If you want to project Ian Snell for a sub 2.50 ERA and over 200 K's, do it. Now I'll leave you alone in the world of make believe and re-join reality... a wonderful place, you should join us.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bogey9906 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 am

B-Chad wrote:

I'm pretty sure J35J didn't kick your dog he just pointed out tangible evidence as to some of Snell's struggles. Lord knows it isn't possible at all that his depression was an effect of his poor pitching and not vice versa. If you want to bump him up your board on a "gut feeling," by all means do. If others don't, I'm fairly sure they shouldn't get snarky remarks spewn back upon them. I personally have no intention of moving Snell up my draft board until I see tangible evidence that he's returned to 2007 form.

You thought his reply was "snarky"?? Seems like you're the one who's overly sensitive and snarky here, B-Chad.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deanpapelbon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:34 am

thejusman1 wrote:I can see Baker, Scherzer, BRett Anderson, and De La Rosa making the next big jump. I can see some serious regression due to ball park factors for Rich Harden, Vazquez, and Peavy. I am leery to take Gallardo, Webb, or Bedard due to injury concerns. I love Slowey as a sleeper if he falls out of the top-50 pitchers altogether.

valuable.

Bogey9906 wrote:
B-Chad wrote:

I'm pretty sure J35J didn't kick your dog he just pointed out tangible evidence as to some of Snell's struggles. Lord knows it isn't possible at all that his depression was an effect of his poor pitching and not vice versa. If you want to bump him up your board on a "gut feeling," by all means do. If others don't, I'm fairly sure they shouldn't get snarky remarks spewn back upon them. I personally have no intention of moving Snell up my draft board until I see tangible evidence that he's returned to 2007 form.

You thought his reply was "snarky"?? Seems like you're the one who's overly sensitive and snarky here, B-Chad.

not valuable.

please save the rest of us some time and keep the pissing contest out of the public forum.
deanpapelbon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby B-Chad » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

I appologize for jumping in, but I didn't appreciate to see snoody remarks made at one of the trully good people of the cafe (J35J). He puts in a great deal of his time to put together his Excel Spreadsheets for those around here, and runs leagues such as the cafeholics challenge, etc. All that said, I will re-iterate that while Snell may have a somewhat intriguing skillset, to simply write off his poor performance the last few years as being a result of his depression seems overly optimistic. I want to see his velocity back up, and him able to throw strikes.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Gio Gonzalez and Wade LeBlanc make the list but no Ricky Romero?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers