2010 Pitching Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2010 Pitching Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2010 Pitching Rankings

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 am

TribeIn2012 wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:In Seattle, Lee's going to have a tiny WHIP, because his BAA is going to be miniscule with that defense behind him - especially with Jack Wilson for a full year.

Yes, this is why I have him ranked in the top 10. Lee has been dominant the past two seasons and with that defense behind him and pitching in Safeco...watch out.

I sure hope so.....BUT remember he is losing that offensive Juggernaut to get him leads and WINS!!! I am a Lee owner, and hope he continues his success. :-]
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 279)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 am

Not a bad list at all..... ;-D

However I think Wainwright needs to be in the TOP TEN, this guy probably should of won the CY Young last year. (Not that Timmy L didnt deserve it) BUT it could of gone either way. Without any argument.....Question is, who do you take out of the top Ten?
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 279)

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:11 am

TheNatinals wrote:I'd find a way to fit Homer Bailey somwhere in this list. I think he turned the corner in his last 10 starts last year and could be a very solid pitcher if he can keep the walks down. He has the stuff to be an ace and he's still young.

Ya, I reeped the benefits of Homer Bailey's September as well. He is most definitely in the back of my mind draft day.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby silverZ » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:22 am

I would swap Wainwright with Beckett and move Danks down 5 spots.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Element » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:47 pm

I personally am weary of Josh Johnson. He hasn't exactly been the most durable player in his young career. He also saw quite a leap in IP totals in 2009. I would certainly take Wainwright over him, but he is more or less ranked appropriately. I probably would not buy however.

I would look for Kevin Slowey to rebound. He would make a nice late buy. Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Manny Parra is going to have a career season. I would've liked to have seen him ranked here, but completely understand why he isn't.

Kelvim Escobar is likely to be a reliever this season, not start, as you have him ranked.

As stated earlier, Marmol is the Cubs closer. I would pencil him in right ahead of Soriano. I'm moving Billy Wagner and Coco Cordero up my list too.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 767)

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Josh Johnson has been hurt one time in his entire career.

All the nagging stuff in 2006 and 2007 was the reason he had to have Tommy John surgery.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Josh Johnson has been hurt one time in his entire career.

All the nagging stuff in 2006 and 2007 was the reason he had to have Tommy John surgery.

Didn't he hurt himself (TJS) because Girardi sent him back out after a rather lengthy rain delay?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TribeIn2012 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:46 pm

I admit I am high on Danks. But as of right now I would take him over any of the pitchers I have listed behind him. I catch as many Indians games as I can and that means I obviously see the Sox play a fair amount. This guy Danks is just unbelievable. And its not just him owning my crappy team, its 9 times out of 10 times I watch this guy pitch I can't help to to be in awe and wish he was on my team instead of the competitions.

I'll tell you why I am going to draft Danks. It's the same reason I drafted Felix Hernandez, Zach Greinkie and Ubaldo Jimenez last year. It's the reason I targeted Adam Wainwright and Josh Johnson but couldn't get to them soon enough. It's because sooner or later he is going to break out and go to that next level, have a season worthy of fantasy cy young consideration.

I admit I do not think Danks has as good "stuff" as King Felix or Greinkie or even Josh Johnson. But over the past two years he has averaged 12.5 wins, a 3.55 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and a very solid K/BB rate while lowering his OBA and hit rate each year. He has raised his IP per start every year as well and if he continues to do so it can only help his win totals. I don't know if the Danks breakout will happen this year or not but it is going to happen eventually. And I will pay the price to find out by taking him earlier than his ADP. He is not going to put up Felix or Greinkie #s but I believe he will be a top 10-15 pitcher when he does reach that next level.
Last edited by TribeIn2012 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TribeIn2012
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TribeIn2012 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Element wrote:Kelvim Escobar is likely to be a reliever this season, not start, as you have him ranked.

As stated earlier, Marmol is the Cubs closer. I would pencil him in right ahead of Soriano. I'm moving Billy Wagner and Coco Cordero up my list too.

Thanks man for the updates, I have to say you guys are really helping me tinker with my lists. I do a lot of research but some stuff I seem to miss. Pitching lists will be updated.
TribeIn2012
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:12 pm

TribeIn2012 wrote:I'll tell you why I am going to draft Danks. It's the same reason I drafted Felix Hernandez, Zach Greinkie and Ubaldo Jimenez last year. It's the reason I targeted Adam Wainwright and Josh Johnson but couldn't get to them soon enough. It's because sooner or later he is going to break out and go to that next level, have a season worthy of fantasy cy young consideration.

Felix is arguably a top 5 pitching prospect ever, Ubaldo could throw a 99 MPH fastball, and Greinke was also a minor league stud. Danks wasn't a minor league stud and doesn't have electric stuff. There's no reason to think he'll suddenly break out and put up next level numbers. Usually, the guys who take a few years to do it always had that potential but took awhile to put it together. Danks never had it but his current production is still good.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers