I am recruiting for one opening in the Bill "Inspector" Caudill League at Mendoza Baseball. Mendoza Baseball is a unique franchise ownership simulation game that is designed to simulate the economics, strategies and transaction rules of MLB as closely as possible. The scoring is based on a complex but intuitive system that mostly boils down to runs above replacement level and matches up pretty well to advanced player valuations like VORP.
Among other features, Mendoza Baseball has:
* An e-Bay style free agent auction where you can sign veterans to multi-year contracts
* 40-man major league rosters, with 25 active spots
* A reserve clause system with an arbitration simulator that calculates salaries for arbitration-eligible players
* A Minor League roster system where you can draft prospects and keep them through their arbitration years
* A realistic system of waivers and options for moving players between minor league and major league rosters
* A full-blown economic model where teams compete to earn profits as well as wins
* Intelligent, dedicated owners that manage their franchises year-round
This game is definitely not for the faint of heart, but if you've been successful at traditional fantasy games and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the game you've been looking for.
The Caudill League is a 13-team, NL-only league. You can view the available team by going to http://www.mendozabaseball.com/signup.asp
and clicking the link for the Reno Bots. The team will need some work but there are some decent players under reserve clause for next year and beyond.
You can email me at email@example.com
if you have any questions.