Real gun trumps paintball guns. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Real gun trumps paintball guns.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Real gun trumps paintball guns.

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:38 am

There are a couple of things that I did as a kid that I'm sure would have gotten me killed in Texas. Once as teenagers my friends and I were pissed drunk and were locked out of my friend's place. His parents were away and he was locked out so we broke in. We carefully removed a back window (breaking it in the process) and were seen by the neighbours. Luckily they called the cops instead of shooting us.

Another time wasn't so innocent. Neighbours were having a party and my friend and I decided to switch licence plates on the cars parked out front. We had screwdrivers and we removed all of the licence plates and switched them around. Funniest thing in the world for a couple of teenagers but thinking back on it I'm sure that we caused a lot of trouble...probably enough to get us shot in Texas, there's probably even a by-law allowing it !+)

Anyways I think that I turned out ok without being disciplined with a .38 :-B
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:54 pm

yeah one time in high school we dumped out a bunch of peoples trash...instead of shooting us the cops told us we could either clean it up or get a $500 ticket for littering. it was only like one houses trash, so it wasnt too bad, but thank god they didnt go down the next street where we emptied out literally every can on the street :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Mookie and Dan are diluting the gene pool.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:03 pm

The paintball kids are idiots and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If the person who shot at them thought that the paintball guns were real guns and he was firing back in self defense, then whatever. If he was pissed that his house got paint on it so he decided to try to kill the kids, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Since this is Texas, I'm guessing that you get in worse trouble for getting paint on someone's house than for trying to kill someone who got paint on your house.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:30 pm

Article wrote:Investigators said he took the teen’s paintball gun before shooting at them.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:58 pm

bigh0rt wrote:A blind man could have seen where this thread was going from the original post.

For days, I resisted opening a thread started by Madison with the word "gun" listed twice in the subject.

I was weak this morning, and now I'm upset with myself for giving in. :-/
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:There are a couple of things that I did as a kid that I'm sure would have gotten me killed in Texas. Once as teenagers my friends and I were pissed drunk and were locked out of my friend's place. His parents were away and he was locked out so we broke in. We carefully removed a back window (breaking it in the process) and were seen by the neighbours. Luckily they called the cops instead of shooting us.

Another time wasn't so innocent. Neighbours were having a party and my friend and I decided to switch licence plates on the cars parked out front. We had screwdrivers and we removed all of the licence plates and switched them around. Funniest thing in the world for a couple of teenagers but thinking back on it I'm sure that we caused a lot of trouble...probably enough to get us shot in Texas, there's probably even a by-law allowing it !+)

Worst thing I think I ever did was to sit under an overpass and toss rocks at oncoming traffic. I quit after I spider-webbed a guy's truck windshield. Good thing I did that in Illinois. I'd have been shot down dead in Texas.

Worst thing I ever did without any ramifications was when I angled a 3-inch nail into a piece of styrofoam and set it in the middle of the road. I doubt it would have actually blown out a tire, but you never know.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:06 pm

JTWood wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:There are a couple of things that I did as a kid that I'm sure would have gotten me killed in Texas. Once as teenagers my friends and I were pissed drunk and were locked out of my friend's place. His parents were away and he was locked out so we broke in. We carefully removed a back window (breaking it in the process) and were seen by the neighbours. Luckily they called the cops instead of shooting us.

Worst thing I think I ever did was to sit under an overpass and toss rocks at oncoming traffic. I quit after I spider-webbed a guy's truck windshield. Good thing I did that in Illinois. I'd have been shot down dead in Texas.

Worst thing I ever did without any ramifications was when I angled a 3-inch nail into a piece of styrofoam and set it in the middle of the road. I doubt it would have actually blown out a tire, but you never know.

Join Lambskin and Mookie in the diluted part of the gene pool then please. O:-)
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 am

JTWood wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:A blind man could have seen where this thread was going from the original post.

For days, I resisted opening a thread started by Madison with the word "gun" listed twice in the subject.

I was weak this morning, and now I'm upset with myself for giving in. :-/

Bah, with the title, you knew what the story was or at least had a pretty good idea what it was. As to the responses and how the thread went, no surprise there either. :-b

And yes, a lot of you guys would have been shot here in Texas, or at least severely beaten for your transgressions. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:05 am

Art Vandelay wrote:The paintball kids are idiots and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If the person who shot at them thought that the paintball guns were real guns and he was firing back in self defense, then whatever. If he was pissed that his house got paint on it so he decided to try to kill the kids, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Since this is Texas, I'm guessing that you get in worse trouble for getting paint on someone's house than for trying to kill someone who got paint on your house.

This could have been the lone reply to this thread, and it would've been ready for everyone else to just quote and reply with +1.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 300)

Previous

Return to General Talk