Real gun trumps paintball guns. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Real gun trumps paintball guns.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Real gun trumps paintball guns.

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:35 am

Dallas police say two teenagers who allegedly shot cars with a paintball gun could have been killed after one target allegedly chased them down with a real gun and fired nearly a dozen bullets at them.

The 18-year-old and a friend shot cars and houses with a paintball gun Tuesday night while they were out cruising Oak Cliff.

“I thought my life was about to end right there,” said the 18-year-old victim, who agreed to an interview but did not want to be identified.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34582317

2 things:

#1 - I can't help but laugh at these idiots who didn't expect any retaliation whatsoever. :-b

#2 - If you're going to do something that incredibly stupid, at least do it somewhere like Highland Park where the odds are they'll call the police and you won't get shot. Certainly don't do it in gang territory like Oak Cliff. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Real gun trumps paintball guns.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:16 am

Funny since no one got hurt, but I hope these kids got into a ton of trouble for damaging property. I hope they have to pay for damages and get a serious reality check.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:42 am

The article calls the kids victims. It should probably say moron or delinquent.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:49 am

thedude wrote:The article calls the kids victims. It should probably say moron or delinquent.

I noticed that too. Nice slant. No wonder we have this ridiculous sense of entitlement all around us anymore. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
thedude wrote:The article calls the kids victims. It should probably say moron or delinquent.

I noticed that too. Nice slant. No wonder we have this ridiculous sense of entitlement all around us anymore. :-°

Maybe not victims, but let's not kid ourselves here. They could have been killed. Do I agree they should feel the full force of the law after pulling such a moronic prank in such a dangerous area? Of course, but I don't think it's really too off center to call them victims when they could easily be dead right now. It's not like the real gun shooters were firing warning shots, they were trying to kill them.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:54 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Maybe not victims, but let's not kid ourselves here. They could have been killed. Do I agree they should feel the full force of the law after pulling such a moronic prank in such a dangerous area? Of course, but I don't think it's really too off center to call them victims when they could easily be dead right now. It's not like the real gun shooters were firing warning shots, they were trying to kill them.

That's like going out and playing in traffic and then wanting to go after the drivers for vehicular homicide. :-b

Oh, and the article did say one of the teenagers did get "hit in the hand", so he might have actually learned a lesson if the bullet did any real damage and not just a scrape or something. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Dallas police say two teenagers who allegedly shot cars with a paintball gun could have been killed after one target allegedly chased them down with a real gun and fired nearly a dozen bullets at them.

Marksmanship fail.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:40 pm

smoovethug wrote:

Marksmanship fail.

Exactly what I was thinking.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Madison wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Maybe not victims, but let's not kid ourselves here. They could have been killed. Do I agree they should feel the full force of the law after pulling such a moronic prank in such a dangerous area? Of course, but I don't think it's really too off center to call them victims when they could easily be dead right now. It's not like the real gun shooters were firing warning shots, they were trying to kill them.

That's like going out and playing in traffic and then wanting to go after the drivers for vehicular homicide. :-b

You are joking right?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:26 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Madison wrote:

You are joking right?

No he's not. :-/

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk