Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 am

No idea. I only trust imageshack not to mess things up though.

Image
Last edited by Neato Torpedo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 am

splits.jpg doesn't work, but jakefox.jpg does. I don't know html or anything, but "splits" is probably a command that messed with the image tags.

Moving on...
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 am

I just heard "confirmation" that the prospect is Yohermyn Chavez. :-°
Speculation on the radio this morning was that it was either Wallace or Ricky Romero which would have made the trade a big loss for the Jays imo. Now I like the deal. I have had it with League and didn't want to see him anywhere near the bullpen for next year, so I'm a happy man today.

Next steps. Try to get value for Overpay and Downs. See if someone will take over Wells' contract.

A middle of the order of Hill, Lind and Snider will look pretty good in 2012 as will a rotation of McGowan, Litsch, Romero, Drabek and Marcum. Frasor is not the answer at closer and Gathright is not a leadoff man but the picture is getting clearer than it was under JP.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:40 am

Oh, and I think that there is a good chance that Encarnacion is moving on too. He doesn't fit in with this team.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I have had it with League and didn't want to see him anywhere near the bullpen for next year, so I'm a happy man today.


It shouldn't take long for you to have "had it" with Morrow, if you didn't like League's 2009. :-° ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby mweir145 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 am

That's exactly what I told a Jays fan today who was fed up with League's "wildness."
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:59 am

Wasn't Chavez Rule-5 eligible? Why not pick him up that way rather than trade for him???
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8513
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby kab21 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

Havok1517 wrote:Wasn't Chavez Rule-5 eligible? Why not pick him up that way rather than trade for him???


Because you have to leave him on the MLB roster for the entire season. this way you can put him in the minors next season and then add him to the 40 man next offseason and give him 3 more development seasons in the minors (if needed) instead of wrecking his development.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5340
(Past Year: 170)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby kellythemick » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:45 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I just heard "confirmation" that the prospect is Yohermyn Chavez. :-°
Speculation on the radio this morning was that it was either Wallace or Ricky Romero which would have made the trade a big loss for the Jays imo. Now I like the deal. I have had it with League and didn't want to see him anywhere near the bullpen for next year, so I'm a happy man today.

Next steps. Try to get value for Overpay and Downs. See if someone will take over Wells' contract.

A middle of the order of Hill, Lind and Snider will look pretty good in 2012 as will a rotation of McGowan, Litsch, Romero, Drabek and Marcum. Frasor is not the answer at closer and Gathright is not a leadoff man but the picture is getting clearer than it was under JP.

So you see Morrow taking over for Frasor? Moving on?
If it's obvious it's probably true.
kellythemick
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 304
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brandon Morrow To Blue Jays

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 am

kellythemick wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I just heard "confirmation" that the prospect is Yohermyn Chavez. :-°
Speculation on the radio this morning was that it was either Wallace or Ricky Romero which would have made the trade a big loss for the Jays imo. Now I like the deal. I have had it with League and didn't want to see him anywhere near the bullpen for next year, so I'm a happy man today.

Next steps. Try to get value for Overpay and Downs. See if someone will take over Wells' contract.

A middle of the order of Hill, Lind and Snider will look pretty good in 2012 as will a rotation of McGowan, Litsch, Romero, Drabek and Marcum. Frasor is not the answer at closer and Gathright is not a leadoff man but the picture is getting clearer than it was under JP.

So you see Morrow taking over for Frasor? Moving on?



Who knows? The Jays are trying like hell to trade Accardo and Downs. If this happens and barring any other offseason moves Frasor is the closer but Morrow will likely get a shot if he is healthy and Frasor falters. But there is still so much time for other moves to change this.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eatyun and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact