Jose Reyes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jose Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose Reyes

Postby angels7777 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 am

I took Reyes in the 5th round of a 10 team league at pick #46 to pair with Braun, M-Cab, Kinsler, and Reynolds and we are playing for money

I figured it was worth chancing Reyes speed with all the power I acquired in the first 4 rounds....
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 pm

well today, hes been cleared to resume baseball activities. prior to this news, he was literally just sitting on his couch and watching TV. before his Thyroid problems, he said he felt great and thaqt he was 100% healthy so i can imagine anything changing btwn now and then. Obviously, any time missed during Spring Training is crucial bc ST is where players get their timing back, especially for players such as Reyes where he missed A LOT of time lastyr so he really needs to get his timing back. Reyes is a speed guy and as long as his legs are going, he is going. I look for Jose to bounceback bigtime in 2010 and now that his dumb thyroid has returned to normal, he will be able to resume baseball activities asap! i dont own Jose on any of my Fantasy rosters yet but as a Mets fan, ive been monitoring this situation VERY closely! if Reyes is still falling into the 4th round, GRAB HIM NOW! he is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury and Jose has said that he feels great and cant wait to start playing baseball again. he just seems very excited to play the game again and hes finally able to do that again!
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:He is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury and Jose has said that he feels great and cant wait to start playing baseball again. he just seems very excited to play the game again and hes finally able to do that again!

Well, I guess that clears everything up. Feel free to draft Reyes as a first-rounder again. ;-D
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby jrbdmb » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:43 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:He said he felt great and that he was 100% healthy so i can imagine anything changing between now and then.

He is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury and Jose has said that he feels great and cant wait to start playing baseball again.

MLB.com news from May 14 2009: Jose Reyes didn't start for the Mets on Friday in San Francisco due to a tight right calf, but will be available for pinch-hitting or pinch-running duty. The Mets are just being careful with one of their most important players, here. Both Reyes and Manager Jerry Manuel insisted that Reyes will be ready to go Saturday. "If we were in late September and needed him in the lineup, he could play," Manuel said. "But this being May and this is the first time he's experienced anything like this, we just want to be extra cautious with him." Alex Cora started at shortstop for the second straight game.

MLB.com news from May 19 2009: Jose Reyes sat out his fifth straight game on Monday with mild tendinitis in his right hamstring. Reyes, who saw a doctor in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon, stated once again that he expected to be in the lineup "tomorrow." The Mets and fantasy owners alike hope that's true.

Forgive the rest of us if we don't believe the PR and wish to see some results on the field (i.e. a few more multi-base hits and SBs) before believing Reyes is ready to return to his 2008 form.
jrbdmb
T-Ball Trainer

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:03 pm

jrbdmb wrote:
NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:He said he felt great and that he was 100% healthy so i can imagine anything changing between now and then.

He is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury and Jose has said that he feels great and cant wait to start playing baseball again.

MLB.com news from May 14 2009: Jose Reyes didn't start for the Mets on Friday in San Francisco due to a tight right calf, but will be available for pinch-hitting or pinch-running duty. The Mets are just being careful with one of their most important players, here. Both Reyes and Manager Jerry Manuel insisted that Reyes will be ready to go Saturday. "If we were in late September and needed him in the lineup, he could play," Manuel said. "But this being May and this is the first time he's experienced anything like this, we just want to be extra cautious with him." Alex Cora started at shortstop for the second straight game.

MLB.com news from May 19 2009: Jose Reyes sat out his fifth straight game on Monday with mild tendinitis in his right hamstring. Reyes, who saw a doctor in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon, stated once again that he expected to be in the lineup "tomorrow." The Mets and fantasy owners alike hope that's true.

Forgive the rest of us if we don't believe the PR and wish to see some results on the field (i.e. a few more multi-base hits and SBs) before believing Reyes is ready to return to his 2008 form.

What's with the quotes from may of 2009?

Even if it takes Reyes a month to get back that's only mid April. Originally they said two to eight weeks plus time to get back into shape so this is good news.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 pm

kaiser wrote:
NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:He is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury and Jose has said that he feels great and cant wait to start playing baseball again. he just seems very excited to play the game again and hes finally able to do that again!

Well, I guess that clears everything up. Feel free to draft Reyes as a first-rounder again. ;-D

How about you "Quote" my sentence right before this quote, where i CLEARLY stated if hes still falling into the 4th round, grab him now! :-?

Dont try to put words into my mouth buddy, especially when u clearly took my statements out of context. :-t
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre

DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HasteTheDay » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:29 pm

I keep coming into this thread hoping for good news. :-b

Took Reyes in the 4th round. Even if he is out the first couple weeks, it's still a steal IMO... that is if he returns to his old form.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:56 pm

I don't believe anything the Mets have to say about any injury.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kaiser » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 pm

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:
kaiser wrote:

How about you "Quote" my sentence right before this quote, where i CLEARLY stated if hes still falling into the 4th round, grab him now! :-?

Dont try to put words into my mouth buddy, especially when u clearly took my statements out of context. :-t

Don't you silly Mets fans ever learn? Why in the world would you want to tempt the baseball gods with ridiculously over-confident statements like that? But I tell you what, let's put your entire quote up again, and let the rest of the posters decide whether or not I misrepresented your words.

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:well today, hes been cleared to resume baseball activities. prior to this news, he was literally just sitting on his couch and watching TV. before his Thyroid problems, he said he felt great and thaqt he was 100% healthy so i can imagine anything changing btwn now and then. Obviously, any time missed during Spring Training is crucial bc ST is where players get their timing back, especially for players such as Reyes where he missed A LOT of time lastyr so he really needs to get his timing back. Reyes is a speed guy and as long as his legs are going, he is going. I look for Jose to bounceback bigtime in 2010 and now that his dumb thyroid has returned to normal, he will be able to resume baseball activities asap! i dont own Jose on any of my Fantasy rosters yet but as a Mets fan, ive been monitoring this situation VERY closely! if Reyes is still falling into the 4th round, GRAB HIM NOW! he is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury and Jose has said that he feels great and cant wait to start playing baseball again. he just seems very excited to play the game again and hes finally able to do that again!
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:27 pm

WHAT YOU SAID:
He is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury and Jose has said that he feels great and cant wait to start playing baseball again. he just seems very excited to play the game again and hes finally able to do that again!

WHAT WAS ACTUALLY SAID:
if Reyes is still falling into the 4th round, GRAB HIM NOW! he is 100% healthy, this thyroid nonsense WAS NOT an injury

If thats not my words being taken out of context, then I dont know what is! You clearly begin your quote at the words "He is 100% healthy..." which is preceded by me saying "if Reyes is still falling into the 4th round, GRAB HIM NOW!" Classic statement being butchered and manipulated to support your argument aka propoganda....

This is a ridiculous and childish argument and honestly, its not helping anyone decide wether or not to draft Jose Reyes, lets end this dispute now... while im ahead! :-D
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre