Hot/cold guys in Spring Training... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hot/cold guys in Spring Training...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hot/cold guys in Spring Training...

Postby warrick95 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:13 pm

Who are some hot/cold guys in Spring Training, especially some of the guys with question marks going into the season?

Here are a few that I noticed...

HOT:
Chase Utley...burning hot now, Bell's not the greatest at 3B. Could we see a change?

Shawn Green...bad year last year, power still hasn't really shown up (no HR according to mlb.com), but he's hitting .320. Should be better than last year.

JD Drew...doubt anybody hasn't noticed this yet. Could THIS be the year?

Marcus Giles...batting over .400, he had a breakout year last year. Should follow that up pleasantly.

Edgardo Alfonzo...over .400, too. I expect him to have a good year. He was bad last year, but really isn't that bad.

Miguel Cabrera...following up that awesome stint in the majors well.

Robert Fick...could he win a starting spot in Tampa?

Chad Tracy...will he win the starting 3B spot in ARI?

COLD:

Raul Ibanez. Floating a tad bit above the Mendoza line, do the Mariners really look stupid now for signing him to a huge deal or not?!

That's all I've got for now. What have y'all seen? I really don't have many colds...hmm...

Pat the Bat is a notable guy who did horrible last season. He's hitting about .260 I believe, though with no homers.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djacks » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:55 pm

Some goods notes there...although Chad Tracy has no place to play in Arizona...Sexson at 1B...Hillenbrand at 3B...

Pat Burrell should rebound from last year...may not post 2002 numbers but should be a decent source for power and RBI hitting cleanup for the Phillies...

Ibanez is rumored to be hitting cleanup as well...

I expect Utley to be a starter for Philly at some point this year...

Corey Patterson has been on fire this spring...expect him to pick up right where he left off before the injury...maybe fewer steals though.

Others?...
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers