Free Agent Bidding (FAAB) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Free Agent Bidding (FAAB)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Free Agent Bidding (FAAB)

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 am

HeyArnold wrote:Is free agent bidding provided by the free sites like ESPN or yahoo?

-IHSD ;-D

Yes sir, Yahoo is now completely free like ESPN and I know ESPN offers FAAB and I believe Yahoo does too.

Now, if I could only get my NL-only league off of sportsline...no reason to pay fees.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Yes sir, Yahoo is now completely free like ESPN and I know ESPN offers FAAB and I believe Yahoo does too.

Now, if I could only get my NL-only league off of sportsline...no reason to pay fees.

I have used CBS for several years. I decided to start a free league H2H on ESPN this year. ESPN really nice. It has waivers, FAAB, NL or AL only, and more methods of play than CBS has. My league is H2H Catagories where each Catagory is a win. I don't believe CBS has that.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby dmendro » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:59 pm

bigmck wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:Yes sir, Yahoo is now completely free like ESPN and I know ESPN offers FAAB and I believe Yahoo does too.

I have used CBS for several years. I decided to start a free league H2H on ESPN this year. ESPN really nice. It has waivers, FAAB, NL or AL only, and more methods of play than CBS has. My league is H2H Catagories where each Catagory is a win. I don't believe CBS has that.

It does, we've been running that way the last two years.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DM311 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi guys, I am a long time commish and have a really great keeper league that has been going on for about 5 years now. We play on ESPN and I see they now offer FAAB. The one thing our league keeps flip flopping on is how to run transactions. We are a daily league, and I would like a little more input on this FAAB if anyone can help. I read how one person said that it should be ran three days if you are a daily league, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I think that makes sense. A $100 limit also seems like a nice round number, and I also read the Tout Wars article and it seems they use that number as well. However, they use 0 as a minimum bid. If I implemented a $0 minimum bid, it seems to me that this would not help curb streamers, which is something I also try to keep curbed. Seems to me that people could load up pretty hard on $0 pitchers every transaction day. But perhaps since transaction day is only three times a week this wouldn't even be a problem? And what if the minimum bid would be $1 instead of $0. Would your money pool go to quickly and $100 not be enough? Any input would be appreciated if you have some experience in this type of league. Thanks a lot!
DM311
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Correct. Our baseball game also supports FAAB this year.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby bigmck » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm

In the past in our league we had a $100 FAAB budget, but it only applied to new players entering the NL from the AL and the Minors. Players not bid on could be picked up First Claim. == This year we went to having all players picked up using the FAAB. It includes DL replacements, everyone. We have a $500 FAAB budget but we limit the weekly moves to 2 not counting DL Moves. This stops streaming yet gives you enough FAAB budget to comfortable make it though the year. $500 may be too much, but I don't think $100 is enought. There are always players entering the league. You need to have enough to bid with.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner