Cameron to Boston - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cameron to Boston

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cameron to Boston

Postby APAP » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 am

Big Pimpin wrote:This makes me so sad. Not only was I hoping Cammy would end up back in Seattle playing left, but to have him go to the douchiest franchise in all of sports makes it even worse. If Beltre ends up there too, I will probably cry. :~(

Douchiest? :-?
Thanks to soty for this sig
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 am

APAP wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:This makes me so sad. Not only was I hoping Cammy would end up back in Seattle playing left, but to have him go to the douchiest franchise in all of sports makes it even worse. If Beltre ends up there too, I will probably cry. :~(

Dave Cameron and Fangraphs says so. That makes it gospel.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:36 am

bigken117 wrote:
APAP wrote:

zomg I am so sick of those sheep that follow his every word without thinking for themselves

/rant
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:03 pm

bigken117 wrote:
APAP wrote:

I've never heard Dave make a comment like that. :-?

Look, I harbor no ill feelings towards fans like bigken or nsulham who've been rooting for the Sox their entire lives. That's great, and congrats on the recent success. ;-D

However, there's a huge subset of Red Sox fans who are fans simply because they started winning and it was cool. These are the guys who started showing up out of nowhere, primarily in other teams' parks when the Sox are on the road. They are loud and obnoxious. And even worse, they couldn't tell you who the starting catcher was before Varitek. The Sox didn't exist to them before they started winning. They disgust me.

Then when you include guys like Papelbon and Pedroia in the equation, the are definitely douchier than the Yankees in my mind. No offense whatsoever to real fans like Ken and Nathan.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
APAP wrote:

Look, I harbor no ill feelings towards fans like bigken or nsulham who've been rooting for the Sox their entire lives. That's great, and congrats on the recent success. ;-D

However, there's a huge subset of Red Sox fans who are fans simply because they started winning and it was cool. These are the guys who started showing up out of nowhere, primarily in other teams' parks when the Sox are on the road. They are loud and obnoxious. And even worse, they couldn't tell you who the starting catcher was before Varitek. The Sox didn't exist to them before they started winning. They disgust me.

Then when you include guys like Papelbon and Pedroia in the equation, the are definitely douchier than the Yankees in my mind. No offense whatsoever to real fans like Ken and Nathan.

Trick question, the franchise started in 2004 and he has been the only starting catcher. ;-)
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
APAP wrote:

Mike stanley, then Hatteburg, with Haselman as the backup. I think there was a Pena before that, but we're getting to the years where I was very young. :-D

There are a lot of douchy Sox fans out there, but I can't stand it when people start hating on an entire organization or fan group just because there are loud, annoying ones out there. Every fan group has them, and as long as the Sox ones are buying merch. and tickets, who cares? Theyre giving $$$ to MLB
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thedude » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:28 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
APAP wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hate those douchy Yankee fans who only started rooting for Yankees when their team got Babe Ruth and starting winning pennants and world series in the 1920s. How come most "Yankee fans" cannot name the starting second baseman before Tony Lazzeri. ;-7

My point...The Red Sox do have many douchy fans, but a lot of those douchy fans have been fans since 1967 when the team starting winning for the first time since the early 1950s. The team has been pretty popular ever since then. And what does the legnth of time someone has been a fan have anything to do with how douchy they are?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:45 pm

A lot of the douchy Sox "fans" are the kids who come here to go to college but couldn't tell the difference between Ortiz and Pedroia if they met them on the street. Those guys are douches, no doubt.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby nsulham » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Getting back to fantasy for a second....in his presser Cameron mentioned he thinks he can steal 20+ next season and was held back from stealing in Milwaukee. The guy has always been quick and is in fantastic shape for his age. If he holds true to his word and Tito gives him the green light he could make a nice, underrated OF for teams.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby APAP » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:02 pm

Thats more douchy than the yankee fans who say "ohh we have 27 championships" but werent alive for 3/4 of them?
Thanks to soty for this sig
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers