CBS (Formerly ESPN) Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS (Formerly ESPN) Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS (Formerly ESPN) Leagues

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 pm

ayebatter wrote:Admit it you CBS lovers, numbers are numbers and all sites have 'em, but noting is cooler than being able to have multiple team logos for your different leagues, and the ability to change the page/print colors is worth the 35-40 cents it costs me per week/league. ;-D

that and posting incriminating pictures of your friends as the League Top Story :-b

...and year round access
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby carter » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 am

ayebatter wrote:
carter wrote:i'm not a fan of CBS for one reason - they have something called illegal rosters, where if you happen to go over/under the alotted roster size, put a player in the wrong position, or leave a position empty by accident, they penalize you ... the penalty - your team doesn't receive points for each day you have an illegal roster .... the part i hate most is its easy set an illegal roster by accident (are they TRYING to give us a heart attack?) .... also, if you send someone a trade, and they accept before game-time, you have to telepathically know that your trade was accepted, hurry to your computer, and re-set your lineup before the 1st game, or else you get an illegal roster ... i sent Cbs a few emails complaining about the setting, and actually got nasty replies in return

If you're in a commissioner league, the commish can go back and reset your line up for that day, if your commish says he can't, he's lying. Actually in the initial setup, the commish can make the settings so it's almost impossible to have an illegal lineup.

and what if commish goes away for 2 weeks, which ive seen happen and it was a total mess.. most cbs leagues the commish doesn't want to disable the illegal lineup because that somehow takes away other settings that most everyone likes to use. i forget which ones exactly, but its like a pick your poison kind of setup ..they do it very different from yahoo and others ... i'll pass on Cbs
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 am

carter wrote:
ayebatter wrote:
carter wrote:i'm not a fan of CBS for one reason - they have something called illegal rosters, where if you happen to go over/under the alotted roster size, put a player in the wrong position, or leave a position empty by accident, they penalize you ... the penalty - your team doesn't receive points for each day you have an illegal roster .... the part i hate most is its easy set an illegal roster by accident (are they TRYING to give us a heart attack?) .... also, if you send someone a trade, and they accept before game-time, you have to telepathically know that your trade was accepted, hurry to your computer, and re-set your lineup before the 1st game, or else you get an illegal roster ... i sent Cbs a few emails complaining about the setting, and actually got nasty replies in return

If you're in a commissioner league, the commish can go back and reset your line up for that day, if your commish says he can't, he's lying. Actually in the initial setup, the commish can make the settings so it's almost impossible to have an illegal lineup.

and what if commish goes away for 2 weeks, which ive seen happen and it was a total mess.. most cbs leagues the commish doesn't want to disable the illegal lineup because that somehow takes away other settings that most everyone likes to use. i forget which ones exactly, but its like a pick your poison kind of setup ..they do it very different from yahoo and others ... i'll pass on Cbs

There is no time limit to when the commish could go back and change the rosters, and the commish that left without giving access to another owner is an idiot, you shouldn't be in that league.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1387)

Postby Pochucker » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:14 pm

My only complaint is CBS doesent seem to have a format to handle two week semi finals and two week finals . I dont know if its because first week of our playoffs is a single week or what. All I know is once playoffs start I end up doing manual calculations. Shades of the old days before there were "web" sites and you either hired a stat service or did them yourself. Damn im old.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby carter » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:37 pm

ayebatter wrote:There is no time limit to when the commish could go back and change the rosters, and the commish that left without giving access to another owner is an idiot, you shouldn't be in that league.

I still pass on this.. its hard enough to trust strangers over the net.. a commish in the hunt can turn a blind eye too easily, and say it was simply your own fault.. the rest of the league will usually side with the commish or just not argue if it helps them win.. (after all, you DID have an ILLEGAL LINEUP).. cbs gives you no way to prove your case... the penalty of 0 points is too tempting for some people, especially on a server that promotes gambling .. Cbs is the only server that does this, all others do it right
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:21 pm

carter wrote:
ayebatter wrote:There is no time limit to when the commish could go back and change the rosters, and the commish that left without giving access to another owner is an idiot, you shouldn't be in that league.

I still pass on this.. its hard enough to trust strangers over the net.. a commish in the hunt can turn a blind eye too easily, and say it was simply your own fault.. the rest of the league will usually side with the commish or just not argue if it helps them win.. (after all, you DID have an ILLEGAL LINEUP).. cbs gives you no way to prove your case... the penalty of 0 points is too tempting for some people, especially on a server that promotes gambling .. Cbs is the only server that does this, all others do it right

i hate this as well. why not just make it so you cant submit an illegal roster. why make it so easy to have one when you could easily just not allow it or not even worry about it
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am

carter wrote:and what if commish goes away for 2 weeks, which ive seen happen and it was a total mess.. most cbs leagues the commish doesn't want to disable the illegal lineup because that somehow takes away other settings that most everyone likes to use. i forget which ones exactly, but its like a pick your poison kind of setup ..they do it very different from yahoo and others ... i'll pass on Cbs

This is not accurate. There is one setting in CBS that lets the commissioner decide "Should illegal lineups result in the owner getting zero points" - all the commissioner has to do is uncheck it. It does not affect any other settings.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Just want to bump this and re-ask if anybody has had good and/or pleasant experiences using ESPN leagues. For some reason the league members of the league I run want to try it -- I do what the majority of them want, so somebody give me good news here...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby ayebatter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am

No good news for ESPN here Ort, if ya gotta play for free make it Yahoo. ;-)

edit: besides you have the "Genie" around here if you need a fix on Yahoo.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1387)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 am

ayebatter wrote:No good news for ESPN here Ort, if ya gotta play for free make it Yahoo. ;-)

edit: besides you have the "Genie" around here if you need a fix on Yahoo.

You're preaching to the choir, sigh. :-/
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers