CBS (Formerly ESPN) Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS (Formerly ESPN) Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS (Formerly ESPN) Leagues

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:11 pm

We switched our leagues from Yahoo to ESPN a few years back and have been very impressed with ESPN. One thing I do miss is Yahoo's "Track Player" (or whatever it's called) function, you can't do that in ESPN. But you get free live scoring, the live draft app is slick, no complaints.

By far CBS is the most customizable and gives the commish the most controls, but I refuse to pay fees for fantasy anymore. Too many solid free sites out there.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MotorCityKitties » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:45 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:One thing I do miss is Yahoo's "Track Player" (or whatever it's called) function.

The Watch List
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:We switched our leagues from Yahoo to ESPN a few years back and have been very impressed with ESPN. One thing I do miss is Yahoo's "Track Player" (or whatever it's called) function, you can't do that in ESPN. But you get free live scoring, the live draft app is slick, no complaints.

By far CBS is the most customizable and gives the commish the most controls, but I refuse to pay fees for fantasy anymore. Too many solid free sites out there.

FYI, Yahoo football StatTracker is free for this season, and Genie has stated openly that if they make changes to one area of their fantasy game then they will try to extend that to all areas.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Leagues should let you keep the chat history from your draft. I bet a guy a decent amount of money in our football league this year and he isn't going to pay up. We agreed upon in the draft chat.....pretty weak of him but I really have no proof outside of a gentleman's agreement.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby converge241 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:36 pm

CBS has the deepest player pool of the 3 big host sites and gives so many options/abilities to commish those are easily its strenghts

I just think, as others have said, Yahoo and ESPN can do so much more for FREE than CBS does for $$

IM in leagues on CBS, Yahoo, ESPN, and Fanball

If I had my way id get the leagues on CBS and Fanball off to one of Yahoo or ESPN (each has their strenghts and weaknesses but no real preference certain leagues/formats work better on each)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 101)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:We switched our leagues from Yahoo to ESPN a few years back and have been very impressed with ESPN. One thing I do miss is Yahoo's "Track Player" (or whatever it's called) function, you can't do that in ESPN. But you get free live scoring, the live draft app is slick, no complaints.

FYI, Yahoo football StatTracker is free for this season, and Genie has stated openly that if they make changes to one area of their fantasy game then they will try to extend that to all areas.

Stattracker was free this year for fantasy basketball so you have to think it will be free for baseball.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:22 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:

Hockey is free as well, so that's a good sign.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby carter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:43 pm

i'm not a fan of CBS for one reason - they have something called illegal rosters, where if you happen to go over/under the alotted roster size, put a player in the wrong position, or leave a position empty by accident, they penalize you ... the penalty - your team doesn't receive points for each day you have an illegal roster .... the part i hate most is its easy set an illegal roster by accident (are they TRYING to give us a heart attack?) .... also, if you send someone a trade, and they accept before game-time, you have to telepathically know that your trade was accepted, hurry to your computer, and re-set your lineup before the 1st game, or else you get an illegal roster ... i sent Cbs a few emails complaining about the setting, and actually got nasty replies in return
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:01 pm

carter wrote:i'm not a fan of CBS for one reason - they have something called illegal rosters, where if you happen to go over/under the alotted roster size, put a player in the wrong position, or leave a position empty by accident, they penalize you ... the penalty - your team doesn't receive points for each day you have an illegal roster .... the part i hate most is its easy set an illegal roster by accident (are they TRYING to give us a heart attack?) .... also, if you send someone a trade, and they accept before game-time, you have to telepathically know that your trade was accepted, hurry to your computer, and re-set your lineup before the 1st game, or else you get an illegal roster ... i sent Cbs a few emails complaining about the setting, and actually got nasty replies in return

If you're in a commissioner league, the commish can go back and reset your line up for that day, if your commish says he can't, he's lying. Actually in the initial setup, the commish can make the settings so it's almost impossible to have an illegal lineup.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1436)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Admit it you CBS lovers, numbers are numbers and all sites have 'em, but noting is cooler than being able to have multiple team logos for your different leagues, and the ability to change the page/print colors is worth the 35-40 cents it costs me per week/league. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1436)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers