White House Dinner Crashers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

White House Dinner Crashers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: White House Dinner Crashers

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Anyway, I may not be a fan of anything he's ever done, but I still think it would be terrible if he got assassinated. So hopefully this is a wake up call and they get their act together.

Exactly. Love Obama or hate him, we most certainly don't need the instability that would go with an assassination. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:37 pm

knapplc wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Anyway, I may not be a fan of anything he's ever done, but I still think it would be terrible if he got assassinated. So hopefully this is a wake up call and they get their act together.

Exactly. Love Obama or hate him, we most certainly don't need the instability that would go with an assassination. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Oh there certainly are people who would disagree with that -- they're just loons. :-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:43 pm

I figured it was understood that the loons were excepted.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:50 pm

knapplc wrote:I figured it was understood that the loons were excepted.

Amongst this crowd? Psh. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:38 pm

knapplc wrote:

not here
Joe Biden :-o :-o

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:30 am

This poor couple. They've been devastated by this, apparently:

WASHINGTON – The couple that got into the White House state dinner for the visiting Indian prime minister without invitations denied Tuesday that they were gatecrashers.

Appearing on a nationally broadcast morning news show with his wife, Tareq Salahi said the furor surrounding his and his wife Michaele's attendance at the dinner a week ago has been a "most devastating" experience. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs described President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama as angered by the incident.

Salahi told NBC's "Today" show Tuesday there's more to their side of the story — an explanation that would exonerate them from allegations of misconduct. Gibbs insisted the Salahis had not been invited.

"This wasn't a misunderstanding," the spokesman said. "You don't show up at the White House as a misunderstanding."

Said Salahi: "We're greatly saddened by all the circumstances ... portraying my wife and I as party crashers. I can tell you we did not party-crash the White House."
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:40 pm

knapplc wrote:This poor couple. They've been devastated by this, apparently:

WASHINGTON – The couple that got into the White House state dinner for the visiting Indian prime minister without invitations denied Tuesday that they were gatecrashers.

Appearing on a nationally broadcast morning news show with his wife, Tareq Salahi said the furor surrounding his and his wife Michaele's attendance at the dinner a week ago has been a "most devastating" experience. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs described President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama as angered by the incident.

Salahi told NBC's "Today" show Tuesday there's more to their side of the story — an explanation that would exonerate them from allegations of misconduct. Gibbs insisted the Salahis had not been invited.

"This wasn't a misunderstanding," the spokesman said. "You don't show up at the White House as a misunderstanding."

Said Salahi: "We're greatly saddened by all the circumstances ... portraying my wife and I as party crashers. I can tell you we did not party-crash the White House."

They should write a book, give interviews and make millions on this. "Most devastating"? For a couple with enough moxie to pull this off, they sure aren't very adept at seeing the potential $ to be had. What a waste of their 15 minutes... unless this is all part of the plan. :-?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:00 pm

I've met some Secret Service guys and I was shocked how out of shape they were.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:04 pm

bleach168 wrote:I've met some Secret Service guys and I was shocked how out of shape they were.

A buddy from college went into the Secret Service. He was definitely not out of shape, but he was a pretty odd guy. Odd but cool.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:25 pm

My dad knows this guy; says he's always been sort of a playboy, trying to hang out with the rich/famous.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk