100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

League Chatter

Moderators: Bwanna, OneLoveBoomer

Re: League Chatter

Postby ensanimal » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:48 pm

It sucks not bidding or nominating. :,-(
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm

ensanimal wrote:It sucks not bidding or nominating. :,-(

Well once we're all at that point I'll be able to punch our rosters in and we'll be live on Yahoo ;-D
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Silent Rob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:57 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
ensanimal wrote:It sucks not bidding or nominating. :,-(

Well once we're all at that point I'll be able to punch our rosters in and we'll be live on Yahoo ;-D

Thanks John Madden.
My Daily League Site - Tell 'em Silent Rob sent ya.
Silent Rob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby scoreless » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 pm

dang i wrote down desmond jennings earlier this week at work but forgot his name and couldnt find him again so i went with furcal...thanks for the late reminder :-[
BRAL: '09-6th; '10-3rd; '11-6th; '12-4th; '13-6th
scoreless
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:49 pm

If anyone is interested in getting involved in one more league, there's an opening in a $50, 12 team, H2H keeper league run on Yahoo. Link to ad in Classifieds Forum which includes constitution here: viewtopic.php?t=400416.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby FutilityInfielder » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:49 pm

scoreless wrote:dang i wrote down desmond jennings earlier this week at work but forgot his name and couldnt find him again so i went with furcal...thanks for the late reminder :-[

It's only a good nomination if he actually plays. I don't want to have to be sitting on him until after the All-Star break. :-o
I actually had Milledge on my list too (I gotta have a Buc). This is pretty much his last chance to make something out of his career (baseball not rap). But do I really want to pay $2 for him? :-o
“We're looking for a really solid year out of Esteban. It doesn't have to be his best year as long as it's not his worst. Somewhere in the middle, we'll be happy.” (Billy Beane)
FutilityInfielder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 am

FutilityInfielder wrote:
scoreless wrote:dang i wrote down desmond jennings earlier this week at work but forgot his name and couldnt find him again so i went with furcal...thanks for the late reminder :-[

It's only a good nomination if he actually plays. I don't want to have to be sitting on him until after the All-Star break. :-o
I actually had Milledge on my list too (I gotta have a Buc). This is pretty much his last chance to make something out of his career (baseball not rap). But do I really want to pay $2 for him? :-o

Why not, I'm considering it.... }:-) ;-7 :-b
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby FutilityInfielder » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Another pool if anyone's interested. Sabermetric style, 20 teams HTH, 4 divisions, 8 teams go to the playoff. 21? players each I think. Autodraft starting Mar 21. IMHO auctions are more fun but this one could be pretty interesting. If interested go to http://www.redreporter.com/2010/2/12/1308231/sabermetric-fantasy-baseball-anyone?ref=CBS. Last time I checked we were up to 9 teams.

Milledge, Milledge, Milledge ... What to do? I said he was on my list, just not at the top of it. There are six guys I want and six slots to fill. I wish Milledge had come up later after RSN2004 might have taken one of them? :-D
“We're looking for a really solid year out of Esteban. It doesn't have to be his best year as long as it's not his worst. Somewhere in the middle, we'll be happy.” (Billy Beane)
FutilityInfielder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Silent Rob » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Looks like we'll be ready to roll in about a week... except the three teams who need 4 players each (at least).

If it gets that far, should we just have them nominate their players once a day? Just to quicken it up a bit? Otherwise it'll take 4 nomination periods at least.
My Daily League Site - Tell 'em Silent Rob sent ya.
Silent Rob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Silent Rob wrote:Looks like we'll be ready to roll in about a week... except the three teams who need 4 players each (at least).

If it gets that far, should we just have them nominate their players once a day? Just to quicken it up a bit? Otherwise it'll take 4 nomination periods at least.

I'd recommend just continuing as-is until everyone can only bid $1 max. Currently RSN and Futility have max bids of $5 and $6 (probably $4 and $5 after this round).
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League