League Chatter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

League Chatter

Moderators: Bwanna, OneLoveBoomer

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby Bwanna » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:31 pm

ayebatter wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Could be a heck of a deal on Hill at $17. ;D



I think 17 was the right number.


17 is a bargain for (at least) an upside of 36 dingers from a middle infielder. ;D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5655
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Bwanna wrote:
ayebatter wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Could be a heck of a deal on Hill at $17. ;D



I think 17 was the right number.


17 is a bargain for (at least) an upside of 36 dingers from a middle infielder. ;D



I like it alot. ;-D Compared to every other 2B on his tier he was the cheapest and has the upside of more power than anyone other than Utley. Shouldn't hurt me and the upside is worth the price. Uggla is the only other guy I as considering there and he'll go cheaper, but he'll also bat .250 and I can't take another average hit.
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8264
(Past Year: 473)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby Bwanna » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm

BigLebowski wrote:I like it alot. ;-D Compared to every other 2B on his tier he was the cheapest and has the upside of more power than anyone other than Utley. Shouldn't hurt me and the upside is worth the price. Uggla is the only other guy I as considering there and he'll go cheaper, but he'll also bat .250 and I can't take another average hit.


Curious, would you have gone higher? I came *this close* to bidding $18.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5655
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby Silent Rob » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:15 pm

After a whole lot of soul searching I finally bid $14 on Bourn. Actually it was Jesus in my dream last night who bitch slapped me and said I needed the SB's. B-)
My Daily League Site - Tell 'em Silent Rob sent ya.
Silent Rob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 916
Joined: 5 Oct 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Boston, MA

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby ensanimal » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Bwanna wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:I like it alot. ;-D Compared to every other 2B on his tier he was the cheapest and has the upside of more power than anyone other than Utley. Shouldn't hurt me and the upside is worth the price. Uggla is the only other guy I as considering there and he'll go cheaper, but he'll also bat .250 and I can't take another average hit.


Curious, would you have gone higher? I came *this close* to bidding $18.


So did I. After bidding a little higher than I wanted on Morneau though, I decided I would go with a cheaper option.
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10622
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Bwanna wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:I like it alot. ;-D Compared to every other 2B on his tier he was the cheapest and has the upside of more power than anyone other than Utley. Shouldn't hurt me and the upside is worth the price. Uggla is the only other guy I as considering there and he'll go cheaper, but he'll also bat .250 and I can't take another average hit.


Curious, would you have gone higher? I came *this close* to bidding $18.



I probably would have gone $19, but it wouldn't have been fun. I know he should be worth it, but Uggla may have been an enticing option when it came right down to it.
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8264
(Past Year: 473)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:56 pm

All right, quit holding back whats left of the rosterable players, I need to make a worthwhile bid. :-[
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12209
(Past Year: 1299)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Howdy -- I've been out of it for the past couple days as I've been on the travel... let's see what these players are looking like...
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:26 pm

Looks like there will be a bunch of good deals, on players that I don't feel the need to have, this time around. I'd like to price enforce on a few, maybe later. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12209
(Past Year: 1299)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:19 pm

I guess Kouz is our first $1 player!
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact