League Chatter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

League Chatter

Moderators: Bwanna, OneLoveBoomer

Re: Chatter (Draft)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:39 pm

Drew and Davis sold!

And by the way--in terms of the Vazquez trade, not bad for value to now have a yankees starter after the fact. One of the reasons I paid $33 for AGon was due to a lot of the trade rumors...if he went to BOS or somewhere similar, $33 would be a steal. That said, those rumors are now very quiet, so maybe I overpaid just a little for the SD 1Bman. But, .270 and 40 last year are not bad for the price anyhow.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:45 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:Drew and Davis sold!

And by the way--in terms of the Vazquez trade, not bad for value to now have a yankees starter after the fact. One of the reasons I paid $33 for AGon was due to a lot of the trade rumors...if he went to BOS or somewhere similar, $33 would be a steal. That said, those rumors are now very quiet, so maybe I overpaid just a little for the SD 1Bman. But, .270 and 40 last year are not bad for the price anyhow.

Can't argue with that philosophy. I think it's more than likely that he will start the season in SD, but be traded by the break. As for Vazquez...I think it all depends on who shows up in the Yankee uniform; the guy who stunk up the joint in his previous stints in the AL, or the guy who proved to be a true #1 while in the NL...I guess it's all the peril of participating in an auction at this time of year.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Bwanna » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Personally, I think Vazquez loses value in a roto league. A few more W's, but the rest of his stats may suffer in the AL East.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:53 pm

All I know is that we pretty much chased him out of town in Chicago. Couldn't pitch in a big game to save his life.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Silent Rob » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:08 pm

I bet you Vazquez is pissed... now he has to face the DH again.. I'd be pissed. :-C
My Daily League Site - Tell 'em Silent Rob sent ya.
Silent Rob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Part of me says, Damn, the firggin' Yankees grabbed another top of the line starter for nothing. Another part of me says, if he regresses back to his old AL form, I'm all for it ;-D

Fantasy-wise, I wouldn't want to own him now...K's might be decent and wins should be there as well, but ERA and WHIP are bound to go up significantly.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby maddog4911 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:11 pm

As a Yankee fan (I probably shouldn't reveal this but now you all know), I don't like the Vazquez trade. I don't like that we gave up Melky, although it might mean that Damon returns. I don't like Vazquez. He sucked the first time around with the Yankees, and my guess is he will do so again. Not a big game pitcher. Not a good AL pitcher. It would be ironic if he and Damon returned to the Yankees since he threw the kiss-of-death pitch to Damon in the ALCS collapse to Boston. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I dislike this deal. Yankee fans will have little patience for all of the HRs he will give up in the new launching pad. He should get great run support if he can handle the NY pressure but I bet his ERA is closer to 5.00 than it is to 4.00.
maddog4911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ayebatter » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Blah Blah Blah, I'm toutin' Vazquez for AL Cy Young in 2010, hell he should win 25 in NY. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby Bwanna » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:24 pm

ayebatter wrote:Blah Blah Blah, I'm toutin' Vazquez for AL Cy Young in 2010, hell he should win 25 in NY. ;-D

A think some George Costanza advice is order when it comes to ayebatter's predictions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby FutilityInfielder » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:57 pm

ayebatter wrote:Blah Blah Blah, I'm toutin' Vazquez for AL Cy Young in 2010, hell he should win 25 in NY. ;-D

I think you guys are missing the true import of the moves the Yanks are making. Not signing Matsui, moving Melky, hopefully not re-signing Damon - more DH time for my $8 special Posada! Taking Vazquez out of the mix in Atlanta - more starts for my $6 Hudson! Hey, it's my fantasy (pool). ;-D
Here I am again debating throwing out another coupla bucks on a guy. Which Upton is going to show up? Check out http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/whats-with-b-j-upton. Maybe I should leave him for ayebatter. :-S
“We're looking for a really solid year out of Esteban. It doesn't have to be his best year as long as it's not his worst. Somewhere in the middle, we'll be happy.” (Billy Beane)
FutilityInfielder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League