League Chatter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

League Chatter

Moderators: Bwanna, OneLoveBoomer

Re: League Chatter

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:35 pm

I though Car-go was a steal considering where he's drafted in snake drafts.

I don't see how the catcher for the Yankees can be overpaid @ $4.

I think Sizemore -- though I love him -- will not be worth $14 at the end of the season.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: League Chatter

Postby BigLebowski » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Just not a Martin fan especially when you already have a catcher on your roster. If there is any position I would not buy a backup at in an auction draft it would be catcher. We only have 12 teams in the league. Martin's equivalent or superior will be on the free agent list when the season starts so no need to tie up money and a roster spot with him. That is my only thinking.
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8264
(Past Year: 467)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Re: League Chatter

Postby FutilityInfielder » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm hoping what I overpaid for Dunn will be offset by a comeback year for Jeter. It hurt paying that much for Dunn but I didn't want to go another year with a punchless offence like last year. Now hopefully I have enough money left to shore up my pitching.
“We're looking for a really solid year out of Esteban. It doesn't have to be his best year as long as it's not his worst. Somewhere in the middle, we'll be happy.” (Billy Beane)
FutilityInfielder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 618
Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chatter

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:21 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Just not a Martin fan especially when you already have a catcher on your roster. If there is any position I would not buy a backup at in an auction draft it would be catcher. We only have 12 teams in the league. Martin's equivalent or superior will be on the free agent list when the season starts so no need to tie up money and a roster spot with him. That is my only thinking.



Oh I'm with you there overall -- except that it's early in the offseason. I paid $5 for Posada and $4 for Martin -- $9 total. If Posada really does DH the majority of games, I'm pretty sure he'll be my C spot guy. If something happens where he is only playing half time, I have Martin.

EIther way, I run the Yankee's catcher situation--however it devolops this offseason--for a total of $9.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: League Chatter

Postby scoreless » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:29 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:Just not a Martin fan especially when you already have a catcher on your roster. If there is any position I would not buy a backup at in an auction draft it would be catcher. We only have 12 teams in the league. Martin's equivalent or superior will be on the free agent list when the season starts so no need to tie up money and a roster spot with him. That is my only thinking.



Oh I'm with you there overall -- except that it's early in the offseason. I paid $5 for Posada and $4 for Martin -- $9 total. If Posada really does DH the majority of games, I'm pretty sure he'll be my C spot guy. If something happens where he is only playing half time, I have Martin.

EIther way, I run the Yankee's catcher situation--however it devolops this offseason--for a total of $9.


My money's on Jesús Montero :-D
BRAL: '09-6th; '10-3rd; '11-6th; '12-4th; '13-6th
scoreless
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 754
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 9 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Portland, ME

Re: League Chatter

Postby wrveres » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 am

can someone provide me with an email list of team owners. i've got a couple of PM's out that haven't been opened, and i need to move a catcher.

thanks
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chatter

Postby Third Day » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:45 am

wrveres wrote:can someone provide me with an email list of team owners. i've got a couple of PM's out that haven't been opened, and i need to move a catcher.

thanks


wjryan17@hotmail.com
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2098
(Past Year: 275)
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Spiritual World or Milwaukee (I commute)

Re: League Chatter

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 pm

SS Updated. Check your rosters.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: League Chatter

Postby ayebatter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:13 am

Forums been down all day (at leas for me), looks like we're not quite up to 12 nominations yet, so I'll wait to make any bids.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12220
(Past Year: 1280)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: League Chatter

Postby FutilityInfielder » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:17 am

Wow! The usually very optimistic Bill James is quite down on both Cueto and Lester. 8-o
“We're looking for a really solid year out of Esteban. It doesn't have to be his best year as long as it's not his worst. Somewhere in the middle, we'll be happy.” (Billy Beane)
FutilityInfielder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 618
Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact