League Chatter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

League Chatter

Moderators: Bwanna, OneLoveBoomer

Re: League Chatter

Postby ayebatter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:26 am

Mr. Cano seems to be very popular this year.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12205
(Past Year: 1364)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: League Chatter

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 am

ayebatter wrote:Mr. Cano seems to be very popular this year.


aye
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: League Chatter

Postby BigLebowski » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Anyone hear from futility? Are we gonna wait and not sell these guys until he gets on, or are we running it live and he is out of luck?
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8264
(Past Year: 474)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Re: League Chatter

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Anyone hear from futility? Are we gonna wait and not sell these guys until he gets on, or are we running it live and he is out of luck?


I think we have to run it live for fairness' sake. My concern is that he doesn't show up at all -- then we need to grab someone new in a hurry.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: League Chatter

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:Anyone hear from futility? Are we gonna wait and not sell these guys until he gets on, or are we running it live and he is out of luck?


I think we have to run it live for fairness' sake. My concern is that he doesn't show up at all -- then we need to grab someone new in a hurry.

I don't know, Boom, it might be easier to just "pause" everything right now and find out where he is or replace him. We get moving into second nominations and the first closed bids, it's going to be hard to add someone late.
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: League Chatter

Postby scoreless » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:02 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
OneLoveBoomer wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:Anyone hear from futility? Are we gonna wait and not sell these guys until he gets on, or are we running it live and he is out of luck?


I think we have to run it live for fairness' sake. My concern is that he doesn't show up at all -- then we need to grab someone new in a hurry.

I don't know, Boom, it might be easier to just "pause" everything right now and find out where he is or replace him. We get moving into second nominations and the first closed bids, it's going to be hard to add someone late.


I agree. I think we should hold off on next round until this is figured out.
BRAL: '09-6th; '10-3rd; '11-6th; '12-4th; '13-6th
scoreless
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 754
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 9 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Portland, ME

Very, Very Sorry Guys

Postby FutilityInfielder » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi everyone,
I would just like to start off by apologizing for holding things up here. Being up here in Canada I completely forgot about American Thanksgiving and the pool starting thereafter. No excuse, and I will make sure I won't cause troubles in the future. What should I do? Sit out this round? Take a dollar value penalty? I'll sit tight until I hear back from Boomer (I'll check for posts regularly).
Again my apologies and I hate to start things off like this in the new season.
“We're looking for a really solid year out of Esteban. It doesn't have to be his best year as long as it's not his worst. Somewhere in the middle, we'll be happy.” (Billy Beane)
FutilityInfielder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 618
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Very, Very Sorry Guys

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:42 pm

FutilityInfielder wrote:Hi everyone,
I would just like to start off by apologizing for holding things up here. Being up here in Canada I completely forgot about American Thanksgiving and the pool starting thereafter. No excuse, and I will make sure I won't cause troubles in the future. What should I do? Sit out this round? Take a dollar value penalty? I'll sit tight until I hear back from Boomer (I'll check for posts regularly).
Again my apologies and I hate to start things off like this in the new season.

Welcome back!
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Very, Very Sorry Guys

Postby FutilityInfielder » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
FutilityInfielder wrote:Hi everyone,
I would just like to start off by apologizing for holding things up here. Being up here in Canada I completely forgot about American Thanksgiving and the pool starting thereafter. No excuse, and I will make sure I won't cause troubles in the future. What should I do? Sit out this round? Take a dollar value penalty? I'll sit tight until I hear back from Boomer (I'll check for posts regularly).
Again my apologies and I hate to start things off like this in the new season.

Welcome back!

It's great to be back. I was watching the Thanksgiving games on Thursday, working on my NFL fantasy pool, arguing about the baseball awards choices at work - you think something might twig my memory there? I've also been thinking about the pool ever since the end of the Series! I must be getting old or something.
I'll wait until Boomer chimes in and decides my fate before I join in.
“We're looking for a really solid year out of Esteban. It doesn't have to be his best year as long as it's not his worst. Somewhere in the middle, we'll be happy.” (Billy Beane)
FutilityInfielder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 618
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chatter

Postby Silent Rob » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 pm

dude, just start betting. obviously things would have gotten this far without you... welcome back.
My Daily League Site - Tell 'em Silent Rob sent ya.
Silent Rob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 916
Joined: 5 Oct 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Boston, MA

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Roto Auction League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact