Wal-Mart starts selling caskets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wal-Mart starts selling caskets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Wal-Mart starts selling caskets

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
I hate Wal-Mart. I think I've been inside once in the past 10 years and it wasn't really voluntarily. I wouldn't spend your money there. %-6

you crazy bro, it's the ultimate ridiculously cheap one stop shopping. when i moved into my new place i got household items, some clothes, and groceries all at the same place at just ridiculously awesome prices. that little rollback guy is my hero.

I'd rather pay more money than support predatory pricers. :^ B-)

You're really showing them. I don't care what the hell a company does -- I go wherever the best value is. However, I tend to avoid Wal Mart because these people shop there. :^ :^ I raise your snobbishness by 1, sir. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:45 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
you crazy bro, it's the ultimate ridiculously cheap one stop shopping. when i moved into my new place i got household items, some clothes, and groceries all at the same place at just ridiculously awesome prices. that little rollback guy is my hero.

I'd rather pay more money than support predatory pricers. :^ B-)

You're really showing them. I don't care what the hell a company does -- I go wherever the best value is. However, I tend to avoid Wal Mart because these people shop there. :^ :^ I raise your snobbishness by 1, sir. :-b

Also a good reason. :-b

My wife had to go in one when she was on her way to a friend's house and in an unfamiliar area. She couldn't find what she was looking for so they sent for the manager of the department who of course didn't speak English. That was pretty awesome too. :-{
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:People's after-death rituals amaze and astound me. I'm sure there are some people here that have, or would spend that kind of coin on a box to bury someone in, but even if I had millions of dollars I'd tell my family not to spend any more money than necessary on me after I die.

I hear ya, Art. When I die they can burn up my carcass and throw away the ashes. I don't need this thing anymore. If they want to put up a stone that says "Here lies knapplc, beloved husband, father and friend" that's fine, but a casket? Nah. It's such a huge waste.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:51 pm

I haven't stepped inside a Wal-Mart for years, until I had gone into a Wal-Mart Supercenter a month or so ago, just to say I've been to one.

Personally, I'd rather support local establishments as best as I can, especially when it comes to groceries (I'd much rather go to the local Farmers Market) just because I'm so bloody picky about food and drink. I'd probably go to Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart just to get things around the house, but that's really it.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:09 pm

knapplc wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:People's after-death rituals amaze and astound me. I'm sure there are some people here that have, or would spend that kind of coin on a box to bury someone in, but even if I had millions of dollars I'd tell my family not to spend any more money than necessary on me after I die.

I hear ya, Art. When I die they can burn up my carcass and throw away the ashes. I don't need this thing anymore. If they want to put up a stone that says "Here lies knapplc, beloved husband, father and friend" that's fine, but a casket? Nah. It's such a huge waste.

If it were legal, I'd just have my carcass tossed into the woods as carrion for the coyotes and whatnot. Either that or have it donated to some organization of cannibals or necrophiliacs (if such things exist). As it is, though, I'll have to settle for cremation.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:

If it were legal, I'd just have my carcass tossed into the woods as carrion for the coyotes and whatnot. Either that or have it donated to some organization of cannibals or necrophiliacs (if such things exist). As it is, though, I'll have to settle for cremation.

You could maybe pull that off on religious grounds, but you'd have to convince the authorities that you're following the exposure rituals of Native Americans.

I'd donate my body to science. I'm an organ donor, of course. Whatever is most convenient, and helps those who mourn my passing best, and isn't wasteful of money or resources, I'm all for.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:38 pm

I want to be stuffed and mounted on the wall. Or perhaps wear a suit of armor and be stationed as a guard in my descendants' houses for years to come.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:31 pm

I don't care how my body is disposed of after I die I just want a mariachi band at my funeral.

and an open bar. I want an open bar at my funeral.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:and an open bar. I want an open bar at my funeral.

srsly, i just want my funeral to be a sick awesome party. much more memorable than some lame church/burial/reception thing.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 pm

This reminded me of a documentary I just saw: "Monty Python: Almost the Truth (the lawyer's cut)". Totally awesome show, going to burn it on dvd so I can watch it over and over. Anyways, they had footage of Graham Chapman's funeral and the Cleese and Palin eulogies were hilarious. People were going back and forth between sobbing and laughing. Cleese did the dead parrot sketch with Chapman, priceless.

I miss Python.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk