Looking Ahead to 2010 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Looking Ahead to 2010

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking Ahead to 2010

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Hope everyone has a good year playing last year. I took fourth and just over $71 with my team last year. Looking ahead, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for my team next year. Anyone I should move? Anyone I should look for? Weaknesses? Strengths?

I'm in a 12-team 6x6 (standard stats + Holds/OBP) auction keeper league. Our values don't come out for a few months yet and their values determine who I keep. We have a $26 budget. We can keep as many as we want, so long as we don't exceed our budget. We must drop our bench prior to next year's draft/auction. We do allow offseason trading.

C - Y. Torreabella ;-D (only if .10)
C - D. Navarro ;-D (see above)
1B - P. Fielder ;-D ;-D ;-D
2B - R. Cano ;-D ;-D
SS - E. Andrus ;-D (Hoping to be a source of steals for me)
3B - E. Longoria ;-D ;-D ;-D
CI - C. Figgins ;-D
MI - A. Hill :-? (Keeper value will skyrocket. Sell high?)
OF - K. Morales :-? (Keeper value will skyrocket. Log jam in the IF and no longer OF eligible)
OF - J. Willingham :-t (Droppable)
OF - Colby Rasmus ;-D
U - J. Votto ;-D ;-D ;-D
U - A. Cabrera :-? (Can this guy blossom into something special?)
U - Adam LaRoche :-t (Droppable)

SP - J. Peavy ;-D ;-D ;-D
SP - J. Santana :-? (Good pitching staff. Sell while still have value?)
SP - Z. Greinke ;-D ;-D ;-D
SP - U. Jimenez ;-D
SP - D. Price ;-D
RP - M. Rivera ;-D ;-D ;-D
RP - H. Bell ;-D ;-D
RP - M. Lowe ;-D (only if .10)
RP - M. Thorton ;-D (only if .10)

Bench
OF - C. Gonzales :-? (Traded Alex Rios and Ian Stewart for him. Budding star? Will replace Willingham in my OF.)
SP - R. Porcello :-? (Budding star? Log jam in pitching staff.)
SP - H. Bailey :-? (Is he back? Not sold on him yet. Droppable unless for trade bait.)
SP - B. Arroyro :-t (Servicable, but with my staff, droppable.)
RP - J. Gutierrez :-? (Droppable, barring something tragic happens to Qualls.)

This board is proably pretty quiet for a while, but any help would be appreciated. And of course, WHIR for anyone! ;-D
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking Ahead to 2010

Postby fast dogs » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:55 pm

I see another good year ahead, Hill & Morales will certainly set you back $-wise this year; still hard not to like them right back. I do like Cabrera to be worth the money tho he might not ever be a star like Gonzales should be.Perhaps look to move Figgy, Mo or Peavy/Santana for a super OF'er. Looks like you have most of the important stuff well covered now just need to retain the values & fill in the blanks. nice looking squad,wish it was mine
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 254)

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 pm

fast dogs wrote:Perhaps look to move Figgy, Mo or Peavy/Santana for a super OF'er.

That's actually the one postion I want a superb upgrade at. I feel my OF is a weak link. One owner is stacked offensively, but blows chucks in the pitching catagories. I'm targeting his Ryan Braun for maybe two pitchers and one of my bats. Thing is, when he sets his team, he goes back to his cave. I have to hold a gun to his head to give me a yes or no answer regarding a trade. I appreciate the feedback. :-)
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby gore51 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:28 pm

I would probably drop Morales, I don't think he'll repeat what he did in 2009, and although his production would be nice, you can use the money and money important positions, especially with Fielder on board. If you can move Chone Figgins for something, then Morales should probably be kept at the CI position. Aaron Hill is a definite sell high prospect, but if not, then he'll still be a great value in the MI position. Asdrubal Cabrera should be a terrific SS option, I'd definitely hold onto him, while dropping Adam LaRoche and Josh Willingham. I would look to move Johan and see if you can get a good OF or U in return. Matt Thorton should be held onto, with speculation that Jenks is moved, Thornton should be a nice source of saves, and if not, a nice source of holds. On the Bench, I would be keeping C. Gonzalez, Porcello, and Bailey, but not arroyo or gutierrez. I hope this helps, help me out please?
viewtopic.php?t=397932
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team