tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

was this the greatest game you've ever seen?

yes
2
6%
maybe, definitely one of the greatest
14
41%
not really
7
21%
no, not even close
5
15%
sorry, i didn't watch it, wish i did.
3
9%
i didn't watch it and i don't care.
3
9%
 
Total votes : 34

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:It was a very good game yesterday, and could have been won by either team several times, but I wouldn't consider it one of the greatest games I have ever seen.


I agree. I was watching the game while I was working and so I can't say it had that edge-of-your-seat factor from where I sat, but otherwise, I thought it was an interesting game, more so than your usual baseball game. However, it falls well short of being one of the greatest games ever. Game 1 of the '88 World Series is by far the greatest ever. B-)
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:54 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Game 1 of the '88 World Series is by far the greatest ever. B-)


That series is when I officially became a baseball fan. I was 10. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Ender wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Wow, I thought we had baseball fans here...



Sorry I don't watch every game played by every team. I didn't really care who won the game so I didn't watch it thus there is no way to know how 'great it is'. That is why I put my vote for didn't care.

next time there is a game 163, try to watch it, will ya? :-B they've all been great games imo the last few years (sd/col, min/cws, det/min)

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Game 1 of the '88 World Series is by far the greatest ever. B-)


That series is when I officially became a baseball fan. I was 10. ;-D

i didn't even know of the dodger's existence at that time. a shame.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:00 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
mweir145 wrote:One flaw in your logic. I never said the Twins/Tigers game wasn't enjoyable. In fact, I said quite the opposite.

And did you bother to read the rest of my earlier post? That explained it quite clearly, I thought.


Now I know why no one likes you.

You about done? I mean...as much as I've enjoyed your pointless, baseless tangent that had nothing to do with what I wrote, I think you should stop. For your own sake. Seriously.


Sorry there, Sheriff. I didn't know we allowed to make fun of the Jays on your watch. I guess I should have paid more attention to your Halladay > Lincecum drivel or the oh so convincing piece on Pythagorean expectation to know that when you say something, you mean business.

Bottom line is, I was initially goofing around, but you either didn't get it (a good possibility, as I've shown time and again that I tend to whiff so much that I make Neato seem funny by comparison) or you're just the kind of guy that wears his whiteys a little too tightly.

Either way, I'm not looking to get into a donnybrook. As I said, I was just goofing around...
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby mweir145 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Sorry there, Sheriff. I didn't know we allowed to make fun of the Jays on your watch. I guess I should have paid more attention to your Halladay > Lincecum drivel or the oh so convincing piece on Pythagorean expectation to know that when you say something, you mean business.

Make fun of the Jays all you want, I do it often enough myself. Just make sure it's actually relevant to the thread next time.

Bottom line is, I was initially goofing around, but you either didn't get it (a good possibility, as I've shown time and again that I tend to whiff so much that I make Neato seem funny by comparison) or you're just the kind of guy that wears his whiteys a little too tightly.

Usually when people "goof around," they actually have a point. Nothing I wrote indicated that I didn't enjoy this game (or by association, any Jays game). You misfired, and still continue to do so.

Either way, I'm not looking to get into a donnybrook.

Yes you were. If you weren't, you wouldn't have responded the way you did to my initial reply.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby mweir145 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:25 pm

But if you aren't actually done..I think I'd love to read more of your "solid logic" that you pass off as "goofing around." That was entertainment.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:20 pm

mweir145 wrote:Make fun of the Jays all you want, I do it often enough myself. Just make sure it's actually relevant to the thread next time.


Yes, sir!

mweir145 wrote:
Inukchuck wrote:Either way, I'm not looking to get into a donnybrook.

Yes you were. If you weren't, you wouldn't have responded the way you did to my initial reply.


Oh, please. You said "...neither team is particularly good, and that always kind of taints it for me..." so I decided to bust your balls because you're a known Jays fan. I was implying that the Jays aren't "particularly good." I thought the goof was apparent by the little innocenty face I put on the end of it.

Apparently it wasn't because then you launched into a logic discussion, as if I was actually trying to prove your inital point wrong.

Once I realized you're not the type of guy that enjoys/understands ball busting, I tried to explain the joke, which made you go even crazier with your logic analysis.

So, my bad, I guess. I never should have tried to take a jab at you knowing you'd come back with haymakers...
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby JTWood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Inukchuk wrote:So, my bad, I guess. I never should have tried to take a jab at you knowing you never let anything go


;-D :-D
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:35 pm

i don't really get it, does mweir have the siren's call effect on you guys? everyone gets sucked into arguing with him and they always turn out the same. the guy won't ever give it up and you all know it. you're the one to blame for getting sucked in. you guys play right into his trap and get worked up for no good reason while he gets exactly what he wants. once i notice his siren's call, i immediately stop responding because i know it's futile and that only makes him stronger. it's just not worth it guys.

the guy is the anti-midas; every thread he touches turns to sh*t. :-C
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: tigers/twins game 163: greatest game you've ever seen?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Neato

I thought I saw my name dropped somewhere here. ;-D

We need more acsguitar in here, he makes topics awesome and his Dan O'Dowd signature picture makes me laugh. But he has yet to address my Colorado Cockle signature picture. :,-( But I digress.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact