NOON PLAYOFF GAMES!!! THANKS MLB!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NOON PLAYOFF GAMES!!! THANKS MLB!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NOON PLAYOFF GAMES!!! THANKS MLB!!!

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Wow thanks MLB for the NOON playoff game! I'm pretty excited to not be able to watch the game twice next week but possibly be able to listen to it at work. Listening is so much better anyways. Especially when I get to listen at work with my annoying co workers and NO BEER! I mean no one wants to watch the repeating world series champions play baseball! That would be silly. Now I know that the rockies don't turn you on as much as say the redsox,yankees,redsox,yankees,oh and the Joe Torre's Dodgers, but hey you know we actually have fans too (albeit our fans still think Andres Galaragga is playing)! MLB fails it's fans over and over again.

Wooo Noon playoff game. Maybe next year they'll have it at 4am on a monday! Or better yet why not just cancel the rockies/phils series and put on some old timey baseball games reenacted via hand puppets. I'll take the boston beaneaters vs Cleveland Spiders in the 1892 pennant please!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NOON PLAYOFF GAMES!!! THANKS MLB!!!

Postby ayebatter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Sick Day FTW ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1390)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 pm

ayebatter wrote:Sick Day FTW ;-)

MLB is ruining our economy
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:33 pm

I'm honestly not sure what you want MLB to do though. They don't want to play multiple games at the same time... that would be annoying to fans and would create hassles with TV networks, etc. They could go with 3/6:30/10, would that make you happier? They have to start with a game played on the East Coast, which leaves the Phils and, (nobody else; the Yanks have yet to decide whether they start Wednesday or Thursday). They could play just 2 games per day, but that would mean teams would play every other day (you'd need a 3-man rotation if you threw guys on 3 days rest, that's barely even baseball). They could end the season on a Thursday and start playoffs on a Saturday (personally, I think this would be really cool....), but then they'd conflict with NFL....

What's your solution?
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:43 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'm honestly not sure what you want MLB to do though. They don't want to play multiple games at the same time... that would be annoying to fans and would create hassles with TV networks, etc. They could go with 3/6:30/10, would that make you happier? They have to start with a game played on the East Coast, which leaves the Phils and, (nobody else; the Yanks have yet to decide whether they start Wednesday or Thursday). They could play just 2 games per day, but that would mean teams would play every other day (you'd need a 3-man rotation if you threw guys on 3 days rest, that's barely even baseball). They could end the season on a Thursday and start playoffs on a Saturday (personally, I think this would be really cool....), but then they'd conflict with NFL....

What's your solution?

Why can't we play 2 games at once? So basically if there are 2 games at once I can't watch 1of the games unless I have Split screen which everyone has or two Tv's which everyone has. Or a TV and a computer which everyone has. Or a TV and a radio which everyone has.

These noon games make it so I have 1 option Internet Radio or Internet TV while at work. It's completely moronic. I'll sacrifice not having the cardinals vs the dodgers on to watch a TEAM I WANT TO WATCH!! GRRRRR
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'm honestly not sure what you want MLB to do though. They don't want to play multiple games at the same time... that would be annoying to fans and would create hassles with TV networks, etc. They could go with 3/6:30/10, would that make you happier? They have to start with a game played on the East Coast, which leaves the Phils and, (nobody else; the Yanks have yet to decide whether they start Wednesday or Thursday). They could play just 2 games per day, but that would mean teams would play every other day (you'd need a 3-man rotation if you threw guys on 3 days rest, that's barely even baseball). They could end the season on a Thursday and start playoffs on a Saturday (personally, I think this would be really cool....), but then they'd conflict with NFL....

What's your solution?

I think start times at 6pm - 8pm - 10pm would work fine for everyone. Who cares if there's overlap between the last 3 innings of one game and the first 3 innings of the next? You get the best of all worlds.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:

What's your solution?

I think start times at 6pm - 8pm - 10pm would work fine for everyone. Who cares if there's overlap between the last 3 innings of one game and the first 3 innings of the next? You get the best of all worlds.

exactly. 4 PM is way different then 2PM in terms of people watching the games. It's rediculous. The worst is that they did this 2 years ago with the rox phils. As someone who watched a majority of their games each year it's a real bummer to not get to watch the ones that count the most
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:38 pm

You should just contract rabies, then you can miss work.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:41 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:You should just contract rabies, then you can miss work.

But then i'll be dead and miss the game which would suck
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:14 pm

acs, you can go plaxico on yourself with your new gun and miss work. :-B
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero