100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tie Breaker Games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tie Breaker Games

Postby Madison » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 pm

kab21 wrote:
Madison wrote:
crapshooter wrote:I got the message from CBS saying it would count but I don't think it should. To me, it's not a regular season game. I've got a half point lead and one stolen base will knock me out of it.

I agree with this. ;-D

then why do the stats count towards MLB season stats. These stats matter for HR crowns, BA championships and will appear on baseball cards. Why not have them in fantasy?

Because MLB will throw a little * next to anything should they need to. As an example, if someone broke Barry Bonds' single season home run record in their 163rd game (or even tied it), that person truely didn't break (or tie) the single season home run record, regardless of what it says on paper.

It's an "extra" game, and as such, it shouldn't count for anything other than deciding which team makes it into the playoffs.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:28 am

Madison wrote:
Because MLB will throw a little * next to anything should they need to. As an example, if someone broke Barry Bonds' single season home run record in their 163rd game (or even tied it), that person truely didn't break (or tie) the single season home run record, regardless of what it says on paper.

It's an "extra" game, and as such, it shouldn't count for anything other than deciding which team makes it into the playoffs.

It sounds like you should lobby against have game 163 stats count in the MLB record book before lobbying against whether or not they should be in fantasy. I do agree with you on that but as long as they count as MLB stats then they should be counted in fantasy.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:33 am

kab21 wrote:
Madison wrote:

It sounds like you should lobby against have game 163 stats count in the MLB record book before lobbying against whether or not they should be in fantasy. I do agree with you on that but as long as they count as MLB stats then they should be counted in fantasy.

So you're saying fantasy ball can't be held to a higher and better standard than real baseball? :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers