100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tie Breaker Games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tie Breaker Games

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:46 pm

leave it to CBS to be inconsistent

Dan Lambskins CBS Public Platinum 5x5 League wrote:Tiebreak Game
The Twins and Tigers will be playing a game on Tuesday October 6th to decide who will go to the MLB playoffs. This game will not count in our leagues, as a play in game is not part of the regular season defined by our rules.
"The MLB season runs 26 weeks from 4/5/2009 through 10/4/2009. In the event that there are any regular season tie-breaker playoff games, the statistics accumulated in such games will NOT be counted towards your overall score."

Dan Lambskins CBS Private 5x5 League wrote:Tiebreak Game
The Twins and Tigers will be playing a game on Tuesday October 6th to decide who will go to the MLB playoffs. This game will count in our leagues as a regular season game for all scoring types.
Daily leagues will be able to set a lineup for this game, while Weekly leagues will use the same lineup from the final scoring period.

i'm fine with it since i've already won the 1st league and am guaranteed money in the 2nd, although it could drop me from a tie for 2nd to 3rd (although 1st is still a slim posibility)
Last edited by Dan Lambskin on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 pm

hey what's the payout for those platinum leagues? doesn't cbs keep like half the money or something?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:34 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:hey what's the payout for those platinum leagues? doesn't cbs keep like half the money or something?

yeah...they keep 40%...10 team league, $100 buyin, $600 payout, plus a 1099 IRS form that i have to claim the winnings...it's a rip. only reason i did it is that i could never find a good roto re-draft for decent money (sorry...but i'm not sending Johnny Two-Post in the classifieds $100). anyway i finally found one after i had already drafted this year (only "problem" is the buy-in is $425)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:01 pm

cadets1 wrote:Will this last game be counted in Yahoo Rotisserie Leagues? or are all standings final as of this morning?

According to Genie (who works for Yahoo), it won't count:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=397690
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:hey what's the payout for those platinum leagues? doesn't cbs keep like half the money or something?

yeah...they keep 40%...10 team league, $100 buyin, $600 payout, plus a 1099 IRS form that i have to claim the winnings...it's a rip. only reason i did it is that i could never find a good roto re-draft for decent money (sorry...but i'm not sending Johnny Two-Post in the classifieds $100). anyway i finally found one after i had already drafted this year (only "problem" is the buy-in is $425)

that's a rip. if you want, next year i'll invite you to one of my leagues where you pay $100 and 100% is paid out. that is if you trust me. :-B
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby crapshooter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:02 pm

I got the message from CBS saying it would count but I don't think it should. To me, it's not a regular season game. I've got a half point lead and one stolen base will knock me out of it.
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Element » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Our custom CBS league is counting the stats. I am in 1st by 1 point. The guy chasing me has Kubel and Nathan I have no one. He is only 1 HR behind me. He can also pick up a point in OBP as he is only 0.0002 behind the guy in front of him. 1 more steal earns him a half point. 3 K's from Nathan would earn him a half point. He can even earn a half point if he vultures a win from Nathan.

:-{ :-{ :-{ :-{ :-{
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby Madison » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 am

crapshooter wrote:I got the message from CBS saying it would count but I don't think it should. To me, it's not a regular season game. I've got a half point lead and one stolen base will knock me out of it.

I agree with this. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Element » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Element wrote:Our custom CBS league is counting the stats. I am in 1st by 1 point. The guy chasing me has Kubel and Nathan I have no one. He is only 1 HR behind me. He can also pick up a point in OBP as he is only 0.0002 behind the guy in front of him. 1 more steal earns him a half point. 3 K's from Nathan would earn him a half point. He can even earn a half point if he vultures a win from Nathan.

:-{ :-{ :-{ :-{ :-{

Kubel's line off Porcello this season ...

:~(
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby kab21 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Madison wrote:
crapshooter wrote:I got the message from CBS saying it would count but I don't think it should. To me, it's not a regular season game. I've got a half point lead and one stolen base will knock me out of it.

I agree with this. ;-D

then why do the stats count towards MLB season stats. These stats matter for HR crowns, BA championships and will appear on baseball cards. Why not have them in fantasy?
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers