Facebook and young family - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Facebook and young family

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Facebook and young family

Postby knapplc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:13 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:The younger people don't want to be friends with their older relatives either, but feel too bad about rejecting family members. Granted, I know in your scenario we're talking young young.

http://myparentsjoinedfacebook.com/

Sorry to burst your bubble, but in my case my younger relatives sought me out. I'm sure that stereotype rings true often, though.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:49 pm

I was very hesitant to open a Facebook account. Guess I was paranoid or something or simply didn't see the point of it. Then I found out my brother was on there and was keeping in contact (or reconnected) with high school buddies and our cousins (one in the Air Force) so I joined. I'm not one of these that has like 600 friends though. Never saw the point of that. Do you really have 600 friends? Why? I have just under 60, most are close friends and family. I have cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Youngest I have on there are high school age. Personally, I don't have anything that I'd be afraid to post for everyone to see. There are a few times when I've posted 'hell', 'damn', etc. or a slightly off-color joke, but it wasn't bad enough that I thought I'd offend someone. I treat mine almost like a photo/video album and documentary of specific events. I'm currently building an acre pond and I'm documenting the entire thing on there. I've found it's very cool to find out what your friends/family are up to and you can hook up with them when ordinarily you may not have known and, thus, wouldn't have hooked up. Also, I don't get all the games these people play on there. I constantly get weird messages, like hugs or whatever, and lost cows, and need help finding a crowbar or something. Not into all that. Anyway, I'm one of those who don't know how I lived without it last year. :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Oh, as far as kids on Facebook, I have a friend whose young daughter tried to friend me, but I ignored. And my boy wants an account but, eh, no point of that right now. He's got email and only checks it when I remind him to anyway. No point getting a Facebook. I have a sister-in-law who posts some things that I'm not crazy about. She's a teenager and had a boyfriend that went to college and dumped her and now she cries about it all over her page. Awkward thing is, her mom's on too. Whatever. I say out of it. Sometimes I want to say something, but that would just open up something I want to keep closed.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Oh, as far as kids on Facebook, I have a friend whose young daughter tried to friend me, but I ignored. And my boy wants an account but, eh, no point of that right now. He's got email and only checks it when I remind him to anyway. No point getting a Facebook. I have a sister-in-law who posts some things that I'm not crazy about. She's a teenager and had a boyfriend that went to college and dumped her and now she cries about it all over her page. Awkward thing is, her mom's on too. Whatever. I say out of it. Sometimes I want to say something, but that would just open up something I want to keep closed.

You can ignore peoples status's (they won't be visible to you) without removing them from the friend list
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Oh, as far as kids on Facebook, I have a friend whose young daughter tried to friend me, but I ignored. And my boy wants an account but, eh, no point of that right now. He's got email and only checks it when I remind him to anyway. No point getting a Facebook. I have a sister-in-law who posts some things that I'm not crazy about. She's a teenager and had a boyfriend that went to college and dumped her and now she cries about it all over her page. Awkward thing is, her mom's on too. Whatever. I say out of it. Sometimes I want to say something, but that would just open up something I want to keep closed.

You can ignore peoples status's (they won't be visible to you) without removing them from the friend list

Yeah, I know and I'd normally do that, but it's half and half, half ok things, half this boyfriend stuff, so I'll just physically attempt to ignore them for now.

I have one old high school buddy who posts weird stuff all the time and I'm really close to ignoring. Weird, embarrassing stuff, can't even describe it. Maybe emo, I don't know.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk