Yahoo Chopped Liver - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Chopped Liver

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby baseball77 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:45 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:ok, just to show i am not biased against yahoo, let me point out something even worse.

on the FINAL day of the season, ESPN fantasy baseball's login systems (go.com) are down, making it impossible to sign in and change line-ups. wow... it held up so well all year and this happens on the last day... :-C (might cost me a win in one league where i'm up by just 1 pt.)

and to finish off my whining, even cafe also having problems on the final day? :-b

ESPN is working fine for me, but then again I have my log-in information saved so I never have to type it in. It sounds like it's just a problem with ESPN's log-in and not the fantasy game itself. I know that doesn't help you in anyway, but having your log-in saved is very convenient.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:11 pm

baseball77 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:ok, just to show i am not biased against yahoo, let me point out something even worse.

on the FINAL day of the season, ESPN fantasy baseball's login systems (go.com) are down, making it impossible to sign in and change line-ups. wow... it held up so well all year and this happens on the last day... :-C (might cost me a win in one league where i'm up by just 1 pt.)

and to finish off my whining, even cafe also having problems on the final day? :-b

ESPN is working fine for me, but then again I have my log-in information saved so I never have to type it in. It sounds like it's just a problem with ESPN's log-in and not the fantasy game itself. I know that doesn't help you in anyway, but having your log-in saved is very convenient.

well if you try to actually edit the rosters, they require you to log-in again, and that's where the problem is right now. their whole authentication system is down. i read on the message boards that they are giving away free fantasy basketball team if you call in for all this mess. :-b
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby heyeaglefn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Yahoo is now not updating again, this is horrible.
heyeaglefn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RedBullVodka » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah, it's ruining my moment of glory... :-D
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby AdvRider » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:57 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:sorry madison, but i totally disagree with you here. trying to plug in pitchers and maximize the innings to win is not the result of bad roster management. a lot of competitive leagues will come down to the final few days and you can't fault the guy because he is in a position where it comes down to picking up starters at the end to win. how can you say he managed his roster bad when you have not seen how he managed it? i played in many competitive leagues and often it's come down to cutting your top ranked guys to pick up spot starters in the final week. i would not dare insult those managers by saying they managed their rosters badly so deserve no sympathy that they are unable to cut a roy halladay or tim lincecum.

in the end, the fact is yahoo screwed up. they were supposed to review and update the can't cut list accordingly. this is something they stated they would do as seen in the official rules. i don't really get why you constantly take shots at the guy and incite him by calling him a whiner. if you have no sympathy, fine, but i don't think you should be rubbing it in by telling him it's his fault for being a bad manager and keep repeating that he whines (not just once, but constantly doing so); i don't think you know enough to make such assumptions. some of you guys can defend yahoo all you want but the fact is they screwed up on many accounts. not just being lazy with the CCL but also with stat updates and live stat tracker (in the final days no less). as much as i love playing on yahoo, if there are flaws, i'll point them out as i see them. and these issues have nothing to do with the end user, who should not share the blame.

Thank you BitterDodgerFan. Well said.

I am not one to instigate nor engage in pointless argument but when I and my fantasy baseball competence is insulted (and baselessly and repeatedly at that) I am not going sit here and take it.

As for this …

Madison wrote:Having games or innings left over is not anyone's fault other than the owner of the team.

Simple example, again -- virtually every manager falls short of the 1250 max games played at the C position. Clearly dropping a useless SP for a backup C in case your regular sits for a day in the final week is a sound strategy if Rs RBI and HRs make a difference.

If that’s not clear, well ... :-?
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:46 pm

AdvRider wrote:As for this …

Madison wrote:Having games or innings left over is not anyone's fault other than the owner of the team.

Simple example, again -- virtually every manager falls short of the 1250 max games played at the C position. Clearly dropping a useless SP for a backup C in case your regular sits for a day in the final week is a sound strategy if Rs RBI and HRs make a difference.

I think you mean the 162 game limit. You said 1250 games once before (I think you're thinking of innings instead of games played), and trying to be nice I didn't point it out, but since you did it again I can't help but mention it. 1250 games at catcher would be impossible in one season.

Carrying or picking up an extra catcher makes sense, but I'd argue that's what your bench is for. So as I said earlier, neither of us is going to change the other's mind about anything. You want to blame someone else (in this case Yahoo), where as I blame the person running the team (owner). *shrug*
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AdvRider » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Madison wrote:
AdvRider wrote:As for this …

I think you mean the 162 game limit. You said 1250 games once before (I think you're thinking of innings instead of games played), and trying to be nice I didn't point it out, but since you did it again I can't help but mention it. 1250 games at catcher would be impossible in one season.

Carrying or picking up an extra catcher makes sense, but I'd argue that's what your bench is for. So as I said earlier, neither of us is going to change the other's mind about anything. You want to blame someone else (in this case Yahoo), where as I blame the person running the team (owner). *shrug*

Oops, right, I meant 162 games.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers