Yahoo Chopped Liver - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Chopped Liver

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby swyck » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:48 pm

AdvRider wrote:And you call that “whining,” really? :-?

Not just any kind of whining, but a special kind of pathetic whining. :-P
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:50 pm

AdvRider wrote:Another dumb and poorly reasoned statement, another errant suggestion of "bad roster management."

*Yawn*

I don't know about you, but this conversation is quite boring so I'll make it short and sweet.

The entire season has gone by, lots and lots of off days and days where games at whatever positions could have been made up. It isn't Yahoo's fault that you waited this long, so I call it bad roster management. You disagree and we're not going to change each other's minds. No worries here, I don't honestly care. I read the whining, you asked about me calling it whining, so I explained. You didn't like that and here we are, with you upset/annoyed/irritated/whatever (and yes, I'm guessing, but since it bugs you enough to toss some really lame attempts at insults my way, I figure you've got an issue of some sort, be it upset/annoyed/whatever), and me wondering why I bother with people like you. So that's really all there is to say.

Oh by the way, you do realize that fantasy sports was around before Yahoo (or the internet for that matter) was ever created, right? Meaning what they allow and how the game was designed to be played are not one in the same? I always find it humerous when people say something like "It's not a loophole, Yahoo allows it and even encourages it!", because Yahoo runs their site in their own best financial interest (and rightfully so of course). That does not mean they run it in the spirit or with the ethics that fantasy sports are supposed to be played. No answer is needed, if you knew it and don't care, no biggie. If you truely never thought about it though, give it some thought. There might be hope for you after all.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:37 am

and yahoo stat tracker dies on saturday, 1 day before the last day of the season.... c'mon yahoo... :-t :-t

how can this be acceptable?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mblax10 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:and yahoo stat tracker dies on saturday, 1 day before the last day of the season.... c'mon yahoo... :-t :-t

how can this be acceptable?

Can't wait for all the Yahoo apologists to defend this one.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AdvRider » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Madison wrote:
AdvRider wrote:Another dumb and poorly reasoned statement, another errant suggestion of "bad roster management."

*Yawn*

I don't know about you, but this conversation is quite boring so I'll make it short and sweet.

The entire season has gone by, lots and lots of off days and days where games at whatever positions could have been made up. It isn't Yahoo's fault that you waited this long, so I call it bad roster management. You disagree and we're not going to change each other's minds. No worries here, I don't honestly care. I read the whining, you asked about me calling it whining, so I explained. You didn't like that and here we are, with you upset/annoyed/irritated/whatever (and yes, I'm guessing, but since it bugs you enough to toss some really lame attempts at insults my way, I figure you've got an issue of some sort, be it upset/annoyed/whatever), and me wondering why I bother with people like you. So that's really all there is to say.

Oh by the way, you do realize that fantasy sports was around before Yahoo (or the internet for that matter) was ever created, right? Meaning what they allow and how the game was designed to be played are not one in the same? I always find it humerous when people say something like "It's not a loophole, Yahoo allows it and even encourages it!", because Yahoo runs their site in their own best financial interest (and rightfully so of course). That does not mean they run it in the spirit or with the ethics that fantasy sports are supposed to be played. No answer is needed, if you knew it and don't care, no biggie. If you truely never thought about it though, give it some thought. There might be hope for you after all.

There you go again – “bad roster management.”

This is NOT about roster management.

Plain and simple, Yahoo didn’t update its CCL in timely fashion. That materially affected the competitive flexibility of any public roto league owner of Halladay Lincecum et al. It is irrelevant whether I or any other owner managed his or her roster expertly or abysmally.

Yahoo screwed up, and if you happened to be in a public league, the effect was far more profound than Yahoo’s 10-hour delay in updating stats one day last week.

That was the point. Yet you addressed it only peripherally, and in your twisted reasoning suggested that I and by extension any roto manager affected by Yahoo’s screw-up was to blame.

“Lord of Darkness” ( :-? LOL) indeed.

More like “Bulb of Dimness.”
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:34 pm

ok, just to show i am not biased against yahoo, let me point out something even worse.

on the FINAL day of the season, ESPN fantasy baseball's login systems (go.com) are down, making it impossible to sign in and change line-ups. wow... it held up so well all year and this happens on the last day... :-C (might cost me a win in one league where i'm up by just 1 pt.)

and to finish off my whining, even cafe also having problems on the final day? :-b
Last edited by BitterDodgerFan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:37 pm

AdvRider wrote:There you go again – “bad roster management.”

This is NOT about roster management.

Plain and simple, Yahoo didn’t update its CCL in timely fashion. That materially affected the competitive flexibility of any public roto league owner of Halladay Lincecum et al. It is irrelevant whether I or any other owner managed his or her roster expertly or abysmally.

Yahoo screwed up, and if you happened to be in a public league, the effect was far more profound than Yahoo’s 10-hour delay in updating stats one day last week.

That was the point. Yet you addressed it only peripherally, and in your twisted reasoning suggested that I and by extension any roto manager affected by Yahoo’s screw-up was to blame.

“Lord of Darkness” ( :-? LOL) indeed.

More like “Bulb of Dimness.”

If your roster had been managed better, the CCL never would have been an issue. End of story.

And grow up. The whining made you look pretty bad, but the continued insults only make you look even more childish.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby heyeaglefn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Wow, Championship Sunday and Stat Tracker is not working, Yahoo really should issue a refund to anyone who has Stat Tracker, it has been pathetic this year and there is no excuse, just a poor product.
heyeaglefn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 pm

sorry madison, but i totally disagree with you here. trying to plug in pitchers and maximize the innings to win is not the result of bad roster management. a lot of competitive leagues will come down to the final few days and you can't fault the guy because he is in a position where it comes down to picking up starters at the end to win. how can you say he managed his roster bad when you have not seen how he managed it? i played in many competitive leagues and often it's come down to cutting your top ranked guys to pick up spot starters in the final week. i would not dare insult those managers by saying they managed their rosters badly so deserve no sympathy that they are unable to cut a roy halladay or tim lincecum.

in the end, the fact is yahoo screwed up. they were supposed to review and update the can't cut list accordingly. this is something they stated they would do as seen in the official rules. i don't really get why you constantly take shots at the guy and incite him by calling him a whiner. if you have no sympathy, fine, but i don't think you should be rubbing it in by telling him it's his fault for being a bad manager and keep repeating that he whines (not just once, but constantly doing so); i don't think you know enough to make such assumptions. some of you guys can defend yahoo all you want but the fact is they screwed up on many accounts. not just being lazy with the CCL but also with stat updates and live stat tracker (in the final days no less). as much as i love playing on yahoo, if there are flaws, i'll point them out as i see them. and these issues have nothing to do with the end user, who should not share the blame.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:15 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:sorry madison, but i totally disagree with you here. trying to plug in pitchers and maximize the innings to win is not the result of bad roster management. a lot of competitive leagues will come down to the final few days and you can't fault the guy because he is in a position where it comes down to picking up starters at the end to win. how can you say he managed his roster bad when you have not seen how he managed it? i played in many competitive leagues and often it's come down to cutting your top ranked guys to pick up spot starters in the final week. i would not dare insult those managers by saying they managed their rosters badly so deserve no sympathy that they are unable to cut a roy halladay or tim lincecum.

in the end, the fact is yahoo screwed up. they were supposed to review and update the can't cut list accordingly. this is something they stated they would do as seen in the official rules. i don't really get why you constantly take shots at the guy and incite him by calling him a whiner. if you have no sympathy, fine, but i don't think you should be rubbing it in by telling him it's his fault for being a bad manager and keep repeating that he whines (not just once, but constantly doing so); i don't think you know enough to make such assumptions. some of you guys can defend yahoo all you want but the fact is they screwed up on many accounts. not just being lazy with the CCL but also with stat updates and live stat tracker (in the final days no less). as much as i love playing on yahoo, if there are flaws, i'll point them out as i see them. and these issues have nothing to do with the end user, who should not share the blame.

Having games or innings left over is not anyone's fault other than the owner of the team. How anyone can argue otherwise is beyond me, because if someone wants to argue that it's Yahoo's fault, then that owner put the fate of his team in someone else's hands. If an owner manages his roster well, he will max out everything, regardless of the CCL. If I wanted to be mean or sink to his level of insults, I certainly could make him look pretty bad, but there's really no point in doing that since he's doing such a good job of it all by himself. Simple fact is he messed up and would rather blame Yahoo instead of manning up and taking responsibility. No worries, shoving the blame where it doesn't go is a growing trend nowadays, and I know not to waste my time with him in the future.

And in case you didn't notice, I actually argued against Yahoo in this very thread about them avoiding the question of what are they doing to fix the stat updating problems they had this year. So I'm not a fanboy of theirs or anything. Just in this case, the whining is silly. And yes, I've said "whining" quite a bit (Would you prefer "crying"? I thought "whining" was nicer, so that's what I've used.), and that's nothing compared to the childish behavior he's shown in this thread.

Just checked Stattracker and it is working fine for me today...
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers