Yahoo Chopped Liver - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Chopped Liver

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:52 am

bigh0rt wrote:They've got about six months to get it figured out, when the 2010 baseball season starts, so I wouldn't expect them to have some sort of answer now.


Wouldn't it make more sense for them to at least let us know they are working on the issue now though? I mean there's a few days left in the season, so what is going to bring people back to Yahoo next year (or keep people from going elsewhere)? Blind faith? :-o Letting people know now what they are doing, or simply that they are doing something, to ensure things go smoother next year would be a good idea, don't you think? :-?

Maris09 wrote:But as Madison said, there really hasn't been anything offered up as a solution here.


Yeah, it is surprising. I've even seen "I don't know" or similar to questions before, so no answer at all is really odd. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 am

Madison wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:They've got about six months to get it figured out, when the 2010 baseball season starts, so I wouldn't expect them to have some sort of answer now.


Wouldn't it make more sense for them to at least let us know they are working on the issue now though? I mean there's a few days left in the season, so what is going to bring people back to Yahoo next year (or keep people from going elsewhere)? Blind faith? :-o Letting people know now what they are doing, or simply that they are doing something, to ensure things go smoother next year would be a good idea, don't you think? :-?

This is why I'm suggesting exploring other providers. :-b
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:13 am

if i had to guess changing stat providers mid-season isnt all that easy...probably contracts involved, and i'm sure quite a bit on the tech end...
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby AdvRider » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 am

Madison wrote:Oh I agree about the whining and griping, like here as an example. :-/


LOL! Dude, in my post you reference on “Yahoo undroppable players,” I outline Yahoo’s neglect in adjusting its list of undroppable SPs at in the all-important final week of the long roto season.

Which has led to my current dilemma – Halladay made his final start of the season Wednesday, and yet remains UNDROPPABLE on Thursday and a millstone on my roster, hindering my ability to stream and perhaps capture a few critical points in a bid for 1st place. :-S :-C

Ditto Lincecum Carpenter (I have both) Haren Greinke and Hernandez – all undroppable SPs. Lincecum and Carpenter make their final starts tonite Thursday and should be droppable NOW for streaming help.

These Yahoo undroppables affect custom leagues using default settings and many many thousands of public leagues. Yahoo’s neglect of this critical detail is affecting the fortunes of untold numbers of managers.

And you call that “whining,” really? :-?
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 652
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 49 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:20 am

AdvRider wrote:
Madison wrote:Oh I agree about the whining and griping, like here as an example. :-/


LOL! Dude, in my post you reference on “Yahoo undroppable players,” I outline Yahoo’s neglect in adjusting its list of undroppable SPs at in the all-important final week of the long roto season.

Which has led to my current dilemma – Halladay made his final start of the season Wednesday, and yet remains UNDROPPABLE on Thursday and a millstone on my roster, hindering my ability to stream and perhaps capture a few critical points in a bid for 1st place. :-S :-C

Ditto Lincecum Carpenter (I have both) Haren Greinke and Hernandez – all undroppable SPs. Lincecum and Carpenter make their final starts tonite Thursday and should be droppable NOW for streaming help.

These Yahoo undroppables affect custom leagues using default settings and many many thousands of public leagues. Yahoo’s neglect of this critical detail is affecting the fortunes of untold numbers of managers.

And you call that “whining,” really? :-?

Isn't it a Public League? I think I recall reading that in your thread. Y! didn't drop the ball here, you did, by not playing in an actual league with a Commissioner who can edit these things. The undroppable players function is to stop players from dumping their rosters, which is a problem in the vast majority of Public Leagues. The notion that any form of catering should be done to a default league that is just slapped together is preposterous. It's not neglect. At all. The fact that you think it is baffles me. It's not Y!'s job to determine when these guys are scheduled for their last start. They could come in and throw relief on the last day of the season, if their team is fighting for a playoff spot, or any number of other things. You're complaining about sour grapes when you don't have a leg to stand on. I didn't bother posting it in your thread itself, but it's really silly that you think that this is a Y! problem, and not your own.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby AdvRider » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:34 am

bigh0rt wrote:
AdvRider wrote:
Madison wrote:Oh I agree about the whining and griping, like here as an example. :-/


LOL! Dude, in my post you reference on “Yahoo undroppable players,” I outline Yahoo’s neglect in adjusting its list of undroppable SPs at in the all-important final week of the long roto season.

Which has led to my current dilemma – Halladay made his final start of the season Wednesday, and yet remains UNDROPPABLE on Thursday and a millstone on my roster, hindering my ability to stream and perhaps capture a few critical points in a bid for 1st place. :-S :-C

Ditto Lincecum Carpenter (I have both) Haren Greinke and Hernandez – all undroppable SPs. Lincecum and Carpenter make their final starts tonite Thursday and should be droppable NOW for streaming help.

These Yahoo undroppables affect custom leagues using default settings and many many thousands of public leagues. Yahoo’s neglect of this critical detail is affecting the fortunes of untold numbers of managers.

And you call that “whining,” really? :-?

Isn't it a Public League? I think I recall reading that in your thread. Y! didn't drop the ball here, you did, by not playing in an actual league with a Commissioner who can edit these things. The undroppable players function is to stop players from dumping their rosters, which is a problem in the vast majority of Public Leagues. The notion that any form of catering should be done to a default league that is just slapped together is preposterous. It's not neglect. At all. The fact that you think it is baffles me. It's not Y!'s job to determine when these guys are scheduled for their last start. They could come in and throw relief on the last day of the season, if their team is fighting for a playoff spot, or any number of other things. You're complaining about sour grapes when you don't have a leg to stand on. I didn't bother posting it in your thread itself, but it's really silly that you think that this is a Y! problem, and not your own.


That is an utterly preposterous statement.

Yahoo hosts many thousands of public leagues. This isn’t just my problem – it affects thousands of teams in thousands of leagues.

As a service provider, Yahoo makes a commitment to fantasy players to operate a league fairly, reliably, and intelligently. Yahoo would say so itself, and by 99.9% of measures it does a fantastic job, IMHO.

Here is what Yahoo says about undroppables aka the Can’t Cut List in the Help section:

The Yahoo! league office reviews the Can't Cut List on a daily basis and adjusts for performance and/or injury factors.


Well, if an SP has made his final start of the season, that is clearly a “performance factor,” LOL!

Note – Yahoo “reviews the Can’t Cut List on a daily basis…” (yeah right)

Dude, adjusting the Can't Cut List is not “catering” to a default league that is "just slapped together" ( :-? ) ... that is Yahoo’s stated intention in its oversight & management of default / public leagues!

I’m sure the Yahoo boys are busy with football and hockey etc., but in neglecting the critical end-of-season detail with undroppable SPs it is letting down how many thousands of managers who, wisely or not, chose to play a default league.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 652
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 49 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am

Reasons like yours are why most people don't even use a Can't Cut List. If you're playing in a league that is as competitive and important as yours sounds then the cut list probably isn't necessary for you. IMO it is your league's fault for not reviewing its setting and turning off that feature before the season started. Now if you want to suggest to Yahoo to add a feature where a commissioner can edit his league's can't cut list or can turn the feature on/off during the season, than that might be something worth mentioning. However, I don't really think you have a league to stand on when Yahoo's Can't Cut List has operated the same way this year as it has every year.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby AdvRider » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:23 pm

KCollins1304 wrote: IMO it is your league's fault for not reviewing its setting and turning off that feature before the season started. Now if you want to suggest to Yahoo to add a feature where a commissioner


Dude, this is about public Yahoo roto leagues. Yahoo IS the commissioner, and is not doing a very good job at, um, commissionering when it's forcing managers to carry worthless if studly SPs who have made their last start while their owners lose out on opportunities to drop said SPs for FA help in the final days.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 652
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 49 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:17 pm

AdvRider wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote: IMO it is your league's fault for not reviewing its setting and turning off that feature before the season started. Now if you want to suggest to Yahoo to add a feature where a commissioner


Dude, this is about public Yahoo roto leagues. Yahoo IS the commissioner, and is not doing a very good job at, um, commissionering when it's forcing managers to carry worthless if studly SPs who have made their last start while their owners lose out on opportunities to drop said SPs for FA help in the final days.

You are in the 0.1% of Yahoo Public Leagues where this is actually an issue. Like I said before, it's sour grapes. Lest I'm mistaken, public leagues have no move limits, no IP limits, and no other form of modifications, yet you really expect this. It's uncanny. This is why they're Public Leagues... because they're for casual players who aren't serious about the game. People who are learning, or want to just go along for the ride. If you take the game seriously by any semblance of the word, you create a custom league. Period.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Yahoo Chopped Liver

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:51 pm

i think public league has IP limits... the last time i played at least, which was years ago.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact