100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Laptop Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Laptop Help

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:58 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Does it work if you just take out the battery and plug it in? Does the Dell splash screen show up at all? Can you help me with my Calc 3 test tomorrow?

Oh, and it's a REALLY good idea to take out the battery when you know you are going to have your laptop plugged in for a long time, helps with the battery life a lot.

Multi-variable Calc is easy. It's just methods of integration that you learned in Calc II re-taught. That's what I recall it being, at least.

oh, calc 3 has been much easier than calc 2. I'm not worried about it(heck, I'm here trying to fix a stranger's computer :-D ) what are the answers to the computer problem though?

I'll check tomorrow. I'm off to bed now.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:09 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Does it work if you just take out the battery and plug it in? Does the Dell splash screen show up at all? Can you help me with my Calc 3 test tomorrow?

Oh, and it's a REALLY good idea to take out the battery when you know you are going to have your laptop plugged in for a long time, helps with the battery life a lot.

Barrery out, plugged in. Working.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:14 am

bigh0rt wrote:

That's weird, usually when battery don't charge, they still let you start the computer...

But yeah, if you put the battery in now and it's no longer starting, contact dell about battery. It won't be cheap but it's cheaper than a new laptop. You have a XPS so I'm assuming that it is at least a decent computer now a days. There isn't any new exciting technology out in laptop land so really no point in getting a new one. Though the i7 quad cores just came out for laptops.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

That's weird, usually when battery don't charge, they still let you start the computer...

But yeah, if you put the battery in now and it's no longer starting, contact dell about battery. It won't be cheap but it's cheaper than a new laptop. You have a XPS so I'm assuming that it is at least a decent computer now a days. There isn't any new exciting technology out in laptop land so really no point in getting a new one. Though the i7 quad cores just came out for laptops.

I'm really not willing to invest in another laptop, especially when this one works great (when it will actually run :-b). Looks like a battery will run me $155.00 or so if I buy from Dell directly.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 am

tell Dell that their bettery F'd up and you demand a replacement. if it's under a yr old, it should be good for warranty replacement anyways. but anyways, i bet you can talk them into sending you a brand new one for free.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:tell Dell that their bettery F'd up and you demand a replacement. if it's under a yr old, it should be good for warranty replacement anyways. but anyways, i bet you can talk them into sending you a brand new one for free.

IIRC H0rt drives a BMW...he'll probably buy 2 batteries and just throw one in the trash ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am

haha yeah, i should've known when he said he owned an XPS.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:13 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:tell Dell that their bettery F'd up and you demand a replacement. if it's under a yr old, it should be good for warranty replacement anyways. but anyways, i bet you can talk them into sending you a brand new one for free.

It's coming up on being 3 years old this December.

Dan Lambskin wrote:IIRC H0rt drives a BMW...he'll probably buy 2 batteries and just throw one in the trash ;-7

That car is the reason I can't afford to buy a new battery.

BitterDodgerFan wrote:haha yeah, i should've known when he said he owned an XPS.

It was a X-Mas gift.

:~(
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Wow, HS Math teacher driving in style...

Ours drove a 96 Riviera
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Mine drove a very old purple Dodge Neon.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk