Re: Milton Bradley

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:13 am

mweir145 wrote:Image

omg i loved that show
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i have no sympathy for the cubs, they knew exactly what they were getting when they signed him.

This.

GiantsFan14 wrote:omg i loved that show

ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
Again tho I don't think all yall chiming in should call Bradley the 'Cubs fan's scape goat' as any TRUE fan would understand it was a team effort to suck as bad as they have.

Why is the GM going to ESPN and making quotes about it then? He's obviously trying to deflect the attention off of his overrated and crappy team in order to make it look like Bradley was the major reason the Cubs aren't contending this year. Even if that's not the case, that's the perception already building in the MSM and it's frankly ridiculous.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:15 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
Again tho I don't think all yall chiming in should call Bradley the 'Cubs fan's scape goat' as any TRUE fan would understand it was a team effort to suck as bad as they have.

Why is the GM going to ESPN and making quotes about it then? He's obviously trying to deflect the attention off of his overrated and crappy team in order to make it look like Bradley was the major reason the Cubs aren't contending this year. Even if that's not the case, that's the perception already building in the MSM and it's frankly ridiculous.

And let me get this right, this is the first team or first GM to do this? Yeah blah, blah about them not winning in 100+ years but challllll damn get over the Cub's being used as a punching bag. Case and point they suck, we all know it, and we all have known it for quite a while. Aqua what you need to do is start looking for a scapegoat on your Terrrrrrrfic Tigers after getting the hell beat out of them by KC. But again I'd really like to know if this is the first time this has had happened with a team?

On going public 'trying to deflect the attention'... Ok so your telling me someone YOU bring into YOUR clubhouse to try to help your team goes off sh!ttin at the mouth everytime a mic is stuck in his face, and your just going to sit back and act like nothing happened? No, in fact, I think this is more of a play the hand your delt. And what I mean is that the Cubs brought Milton in to try to make a run for a ring, it obviously hasn't worked out, the Cub's aren't trying to 'deflect the bad team all around' off on Bradley, I actually believe that its trying to save face with the fans. Without the fans in Chicago what exactly do the Cubs have? Nothing, so yeah I would probably do the same thing to make sure that those same fans come back to sit in the stand and call the Cubs their team. More over, this 'overpaid and crappy team' if I'm not mistaken the cubs won the NL Central the last 2 years and made it to the LDS with pretty much the same damn roster. Going back to 2003 the have finished outside the top 3 once, so to say that this team is overpaid and 'crappy' is a bit bold.

Yes they haven't had the results to show for good regular season play, but hell thats more then what most teams around the league can say. So go ahead and jump off the Cub's bashing bandwagon any time, because frankly there are too many passengers already.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:21 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

You have no idea what you talkin about. Noone blamed the losing on Bradley, despite playing the outfield like a lazy @#$% all year.
But you are obviously a Cubs hater.
And they have every right suspending Bradley. That comment was outrageous. Anyone, who talks to the media like that, has no place in pro sports. Period.

BTW that "overrated and crappy team" won the NL Central in 2007 and 2008 dude.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

You have no idea what you talkin about. Noone blamed the losing on Bradley, despite playing the outfield like a lazy @#$% all year.
But you are obviously a Cubs hater.
And they have every right suspending Bradley. That comment was outrageous. Anyone, who talks to the media like that, has no place in pro sports. Period.

BTW that "overrated and crappy team" won the NL Central in 2007 and 2008 dude.

I'm actually not a Cubs hater, just not a fan of people or organizations that need scapegoats when things don't go their way. Also, if you notice, I stated "to make it look like" and "Even if that's not the case" to show that the perception exists because of how this situation has been covered in the MSM......you hear it on sports radio every day and see it plenty enough on ESPN that Milton Bradley completely ruined the chemistry of this team and blah blah blah. It's being said without being said explicitly.

Also....is it 2007 or 2008?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baseball77 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Cubs: 667 runs scored, 1310 hits, 156 HR, .257 avg, .744 OPS

Tigers: 678 runs scored, 1308 hits, 169 HR, .259 avg, .746 OPS

In the off-season last year, experts were stating that the Tigers could reach 1,000 runs for the season and have one of the most potent offenses in MLB history. The core of the Tigers team hasn't changed much since then. And the Cubs are the "overrated" team?
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:26 pm

baseball77 wrote:Cubs: 667 runs scored, 1310 hits, 156 HR, .257 avg, .744 OPS

In the off-season last year, experts were stating that the Tigers could reach 1,000 runs for the season and have one of the most potent offenses in MLB history. The core of the Tigers team hasn't changed much since then. And the Cubs are the "overrated" team?

I have not spoken one word about the Detroit Tigers anywhere on this thread. You know nothing about my opinions of the team, or whether or not I feel the Cubs are a better or worse team than them. Please stop bringing them up.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baseball77 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
baseball77 wrote:Cubs: 667 runs scored, 1310 hits, 156 HR, .257 avg, .744 OPS

I have not spoken one word about the Detroit Tigers anywhere on this thread. You know nothing about my opinions of the team, or whether or not I feel the Cubs are a better or worse team than them. Please stop bringing them up.

Uh, that was the first time I had brought them up. I was just pointing out by your logic that the Tigers are pretty much equally crappy and overrated. That was all.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers