Milton Bradley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Milton Bradley

Postby baseball77 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:38 pm

The Cubs have suspended Milton Bradley for the rest of the season following comments he made to the press. How ridiculous is this guy and the fact that the Cubs signed him to a 30 million dollar deal? He is team cancer. He is playing for his 7th team in 9 years.

"Recently it's become intolerable to hear Milton talk about our great fans the way he has," general manger Jim Hendry told ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine. "We pride ourselves on having the greatest fans in baseball, so at this time we felt it was best for him to go home for the rest of the season." --taken from ESPN.com

He also had the nerve to state he was the hardest working player on the Cubs: "There's too many people everywhere in your face with a microphone asking the same questions repeatedly. Everything is just bashing you. You go out there and you play harder than anybody on the field and never get credit for it. It's just negativity."
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Milton Bradley

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Is it allowed for Hendry to suspend Bradley for the remainder of his contract? Because if so, I would be in full support of that. ;-D

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:41 pm

Cubs are really trying hard to find a scapegoat because they weren't good enough to make the playoffs.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby baseball77 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:59 pm

I'm not sure what scapegoating has to do with anything. If you keep bashing the people who pay your enormously undeserved salary and bashing the fans of the team you play for, you're going to get suspended. Milton Bradley is the only one blaming people, and he's blaming every thing imaginable except himself, of course.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:08 pm

baseball77 wrote:I'm not sure what scapegoating has to do with anything. If you keep bashing the people who pay your enormously undeserved salary and bashing the fans of the team you play for, you're going to get suspended. Milton Bradley is the only one blaming people, and he's blaming every thing imaginable except himself, of course.

Just like TO....keep sticking a mic in his face and he's going to say something that somebody doesn't like. He has a volatile personality, just leave him alone and let him play baseball. Just disappointing that Cubs fans will use this as something to whine about for not being able to do it again for like the 1000th year in a row.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:26 pm

i have no sympathy for the cubs, they knew exactly what they were getting when they signed him.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:52 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Cubs are really trying hard to find a scapegoat because they weren't good enough to make the playoffs.

Bingo. While he's underachieved, the guy is actually 3rd on the team in OPS (if you don't count Ramirez and Fox who haven't played a full year).

I kind of expected this to happen when Bradley signed with the Cubs...
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 pm

baseball77 wrote:I'm not sure what scapegoating has to do with anything. If you keep bashing the people who pay your enormously undeserved salary and bashing the fans of the team you play for, you're going to get suspended. Milton Bradley is the only one blaming people, and he's blaming every thing imaginable except himself, of course.

I'd like to know what some of the fans have been shouting at him in the outfield.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:32 am

mweir145 wrote:

I'd like to know what some of the fans have been shouting at him in the outfield.

Possibly that hes useless and overrated and doesn't deserve to be out on the field over Jake Fox? That would be starters for me. I'm not blaming the horrid play of the Cubs this year on Bradley alone, because hell none of the Cubs have looked like they really want to be playing for anything, nor have they. But you can't tell me that a guy your paying 30 mill is expected to do what he has done this year. Yes I'm damn sure that the Cubs knew what they were getting into when they signed him, but A. I think that they thought they would get at least a little bit better stats out of this douche and B. that he wouldn't be as out right bold and blatant as he has this far. I'm sure this WON'T be the last we HEAR of Bradley yet this year, but yall keep saying 'stick a mic in front of him and he will speak', ok but is that the Cubs fault? No I don't really think that is, in fact its a typical media thing.

Again I am not, nor will I blame Bradley for the sh!tty year the Cubs have had, but I will say he definitely contributed to the process. I'm a diehard lovable loser fan, but I'll stand by this team. It was STUPID signing and I said that from day one, and I am very well expecting the Cubs to become cellar dwellers of the Central as soon as next year and for a few years to come because its time to strip it all down and build it back up. IMO IF the Cubs could/would (I know not all of this is possible but still) they should rid of Z, Lee, Bradley, Harden, Lilly, Soriano and Dempster. Then just build it back up, none of these guys are getting any younger and most still carry adequate value to get some good young guys in return. Start building around Aram, Soto, Theriot, Fontenot, Fox, Fukudome and the younger arms such as Wells, Gorz, Guzman, Smardzy, Marshall and Marmol.

Again tho I don't think all yall chiming in should call Bradley the 'Cubs fan's scape goat' as any TRUE fan would understand it was a team effort to suck as bad as they have. There have been some suspect contracts handed out and some even more suspect moves throughout the season. I thought bringing in Lou would straighten some of these f*ckups up, but that hasn't been the case obviously. Its time to pack it in and help the future rather then kill today and the future. Thats just my 2 cents, I may be way off but as a Cubs fan I'd rather a few years of junk like this year rather then a decade of it again.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby baseball77 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 am

yeah I agree with bazzy_51. Nobody has blamed the Cubs' very disappointing season on only Milton. It was a team effort that brought this team down. At the same time, to say that his suspension is due to scapegoating is ridiculous. This guy deserved to be suspended. If Milton were on your team blaming every thing in the city except himself for his poor performance, would you still want him taking the field for you? Also, he has been pulling himself out of games with a mysterious "leg injury" yet appears to run just fine. This guy has said to the media before that he hopes the games only last 9 innings so he can get out of there as quickly as possible. He has a bad, selfish attitude. Jake Fox had 52 RBI in only 73 games and he was a call-up from AAA, meanwhile a "premiere" outfielder like Bradley gets paid 10 million to get 40 RBI in 400 AB.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers