Collusion in 6x6 Roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Collusion in 6x6 Roto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Collusion in 6x6 Roto

Postby weezer247 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:36 pm

So we're down to the final two weeks in our league, and my team (i am also league commisioner) has a narrow lead over Team 2. I'm can gain a point in ERA, while the other team can gain a point in runs. Team 3 owner, who I'm fighting with for ERA, and is close friends with team 2 owner, dropped most of his starters and picked up only relievers and closers. This team, whos completely out of the running posted this on the league message board after I asked him about this
"3rd place doesnt get anythin in this league i dont have anythin to fight for now and yes id rather see [Team 2] win over you so sry".
Is it right to block this owner from managing his team the rest of the season, or should I let it be?
Last edited by weezer247 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weezer247
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Collusion in 6x6 Roto

Postby bigmck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Of course that is wrong. It is collusion and that should not be allowed. It would seem that your league would have some type of limits on dropping players. Not just let them drop four or five players when the want to. You should post a message to everyone and tell them that this type of thing is collusion and destroys a league and not allow it. Don't put up with it and don't let the guy back in the league next year.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm

That is pretty much collusion verbatim and rules against that are covered in Yahoo's own rules.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Court Jester » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:34 pm

If he didn't post the message, best you could probably do is steam about it. But being so overt about it, I would have backed out the moves and frozen his transactions.

As I try to teach my 5 year old proper values, reading some of the posts here saddens me.
Court Jester
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby weezer247 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Yeah, I deleted him as an owner, but offered to re-invite him after the season was finished, but he's now denying that he had no chance to win (even though you can see exactly what he said in my first post) and wants his entry fee back. It's ridiculous.
weezer247
T-Ball Trainer

Postby pjalst » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 am

I don't know what communications you had back and forth after the dump. The way you handled that would greatly effect the relationship beteen you two. Were there any warnings given to him? Did you delete him or just block him? I would warn,block, then boot him for life. If you take him back next year, he may try to seek revenge and sabotage your league.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Return to Commissioner's Corner