I'm in a 12-team H2H points league where we keep 3 players
. Teams who choose to keep less than three players must "draft" with the other "< 3-players kept teams" until every team in the league has three players (snake draft, beginning with the worst team in the league). After every team has three players, all 12 teams fill out the rest of their rosters, with the draft order being random (as if it were a redraft league).
I know one thing for certain: I'll have three keepers heading into next season.
The problem...which three do I keep? I have eight players who COULD be keepers (keep in mind it's a points league, not categories). 1B Miguel Cabrera
- Power is down a bit, but otherwise very good numbers.1B/UTL Ryan Howard
- HR/RBI machine, but slumps could be an issue.OF Matt Kemp
- Can do it all, although is not amazing in any one of HR/RBI/OBP/SB/RSP Dan Haren
- Unstoppable in first half, a little shaky in second half. Most pts on team this season.SP CC Sabathia
- Opposite in Haren...not great first half, great second half.SP Adam Wainwright
- 9 of his past 10 starts have been great, ERA is 2.59.SP Matt Cain
- A real workhorse all year, 4 CG's this season to go along with 2.71 ERA and 1.17 WHIP.SP Javier Vazquez
- Most points per start on team after Haren. 1.05 WHIP and lots of K's.
* I want to keep either 1 SP and 2 hitters (hitters are generally more consistent and less injury-prone), or 1 hitter and 2 SP's (a great start nets a lot of points, a poor start will cost the team). Having somewhat of a balance between hitting and pitching will certainly help. I'm also aware that I will likely lose almost every player I don't keep to other teams.