Auction League Rules? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction League Rules?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Auction League Rules?

Postby aclapsaddle » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Our league is considring changing to an auction league format, but we have several questions involving free agent budgets and keeper rules. Anyone have a source of instructions for running an auction league smoothly? All I ever find is how to run the draft itself.
If you leave a link, I will look at yours. I will answer if I think my opinion can help.
aclapsaddle
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Auction League Rules?

Postby bigmck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:39 pm

I enjoy an Auction League much more than a Draft. We keep eleven players and on Auction Day we have the standard $260 Cap. When the season starts, the Cap is $290. This stops from having a bunch of uneven trades which can ruin a league. Some leagues have a Free Agent Budget of say $100 or $200 to bid with during the year. When that is gone, you can't bid on anymore players. Our league is different. Each team gets 12 moves during the year (DL moves don't count). We bid on every player and he can be kept next year with what you bid on him as long as you stay under the $290 cap, you can bid what you like. It makes for a fun league when you have to bid on your players and having 12 moves gives you enough, but you still have to be careful. We don't have a reserve roster, just the 23 active players. I will send you the link to my rules in PM.

Thanks,
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby aclapsaddle » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Thanks so much. I look forward to seeing your rules.
If you leave a link, I will look at yours. I will answer if I think my opinion can help.
aclapsaddle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Ultimate Warrior » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 pm

The Auction ROCKS. It is a lot more fun the drafting. ESPN has a pretty good auction website if you are looking for a format. The league I am in used it last year.
The Ultimate Warrior
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Commissioner's Corner