Buying a gun: questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Buying a gun: questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Buying a gun: questions

Postby markj11 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:A friend of mine asked me a favor the other day. He wants to take a girl he's seeing on a late night walk through the woods on my farm property. It'll be pitch black especially under the tree canopy on this trail I suggested. I tell him there's coyotes and the usual critters in there, nothing that should bother them, but he's a paranoid type so he asks if he can borrow a gun for protection 'just in case'. Anyway, this is an example of how easy it could be to put a gun in the wrong hands. This guy hasn't fired a gun in 10 years and that was a shotgun. I love doing favors for friends, but it would have been irresponsible for me to loan him a gun when he doesn't know (at least to my satisfaction) how to safely use it. So, long story short, he'll be taking my dog instead. :-D


Did he also ask for a shovel?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Buying a gun: questions

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:29 pm

If you were a real friend, you'd give him a gun, then you'd put on a mask and hide in the bushes and jump out with a gun of your own while they're walking. He'll pull his gun out, you'll drop yours and run away, or maybe he ties you up, whatever...then this girl he taking thinks he just saved her life.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Buying a gun: questions

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:If you were a real friend, you'd give him a gun, then you'd put on a mask and hide in the bushes and jump out with a gun of your own while they're walking. He'll pull his gun out, you'll drop yours and run away, or maybe he ties you up, whatever...then this girl he taking thinks he just saved her life.


Hmmm, didn't think of that. Should I let him pistol whip me?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Buying a gun: questions

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:42 pm

It couldn't hurt. I mean, it may hurt you, but not his chances.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Buying a gun: questions

Postby ayebatter » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:30 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:If you were a real friend, you'd give him a gun, then you'd put on a mask and hide in the bushes and jump out with a gun of your own while they're walking. He'll pull his gun out, you'll drop yours and run away, or maybe he ties you up, whatever...then this girl he taking thinks he just saved her life.


Hmmm, didn't think of that. Should I let him pistol whip me?


Probably won't be necessary if the gf is a blonde.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11853
(Past Year: 1638)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Buying a gun: questions

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:45 pm

ayebatter wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:If you were a real friend, you'd give him a gun, then you'd put on a mask and hide in the bushes and jump out with a gun of your own while they're walking. He'll pull his gun out, you'll drop yours and run away, or maybe he ties you up, whatever...then this girl he taking thinks he just saved her life.


Hmmm, didn't think of that. Should I let him pistol whip me?


Probably won't be necessary if the gf is a blonde.


Brunette I believe so I think a good friend would allow it. Man, it's a heavy little pistol too, it's going to hurt.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact