TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Buying a gun: questions

Postby J35J » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Kriss Super V was just on that Ultimate Weapons show, or whatever its called, and was voted the best close combat weapon. Something like over 1000 rounds per minute with a .45 cal bullet and very minimal recoil, etc :-L

As soon as a few extra bucks come my way I've been wanting a S&W .357
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 pm

J35J wrote:Kriss Super V was just on that Ultimate Weapons show, or whatever its called, and was voted the best close combat weapon. Something like over 1000 rounds per minute with a .45 cal bullet and very minimal recoil, etc :-L

That's a little excessive. :-b

J35J wrote:As soon as a few extra bucks come my way I've been wanting a S&W .357

Nice choice. I'd like to get myself a revolver sometime. I shoot a friend's .22 revolver and it's a lot of fun.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:09 pm

I've always thought the .357 snub nose revolvers were really cool. I always thought it'd be awesome to have two matching nickle plated snub-noses in dual shoulder holsters. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:59 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
J35J wrote:Kriss Super V was just on that Ultimate Weapons show, or whatever its called, and was voted the best close combat weapon. Something like over 1000 rounds per minute with a .45 cal bullet and very minimal recoil, etc :-L

That's a little excessive. :-b

Excessive is the American way though. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 am

A friend of mine asked me a favor the other day. He wants to take a girl he's seeing on a late night walk through the woods on my farm property. It'll be pitch black especially under the tree canopy on this trail I suggested. I tell him there's coyotes and the usual critters in there, nothing that should bother them, but he's a paranoid type so he asks if he can borrow a gun for protection 'just in case'. Anyway, this is an example of how easy it could be to put a gun in the wrong hands. This guy hasn't fired a gun in 10 years and that was a shotgun. I love doing favors for friends, but it would have been irresponsible for me to loan him a gun when he doesn't know (at least to my satisfaction) how to safely use it. So, long story short, he'll be taking my dog instead. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ayebatter » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 am

So, your dog can use a gun :-o
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:08 am

ayebatter wrote:So, your dog can use a gun :-o

Better than anyone I know.

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:A friend of mine asked me a favor the other day. He wants to take a girl he's seeing on a late night walk through the woods on my farm property. It'll be pitch black especially under the tree canopy on this trail I suggested. I tell him there's coyotes and the usual critters in there, nothing that should bother them, but he's a paranoid type so he asks if he can borrow a gun for protection 'just in case'. Anyway, this is an example of how easy it could be to put a gun in the wrong hands. This guy hasn't fired a gun in 10 years and that was a shotgun. I love doing favors for friends, but it would have been irresponsible for me to loan him a gun when he doesn't know (at least to my satisfaction) how to safely use it. So, long story short, he'll be taking my dog instead. :-D

Psh. Some friend you are.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:21 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:A friend of mine asked me a favor the other day. He wants to take a girl he's seeing on a late night walk through the woods on my farm property. It'll be pitch black especially under the tree canopy on this trail I suggested. I tell him there's coyotes and the usual critters in there, nothing that should bother them, but he's a paranoid type so he asks if he can borrow a gun for protection 'just in case'. Anyway, this is an example of how easy it could be to put a gun in the wrong hands. This guy hasn't fired a gun in 10 years and that was a shotgun. I love doing favors for friends, but it would have been irresponsible for me to loan him a gun when he doesn't know (at least to my satisfaction) how to safely use it. So, long story short, he'll be taking my dog instead. :-D

Psh. Some friend you are.

I know. I'm a jerk.

Oh, and on the topic of guns (sort of), I should be getting a paintball gun today. Buying it and accessories off of a friend of mine. Not sure what kind it is. Anybody else paintball?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk