KC's southpaw rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KC's southpaw rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KC's southpaw rotation

Postby drunkenmonkey » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:40 pm

I was just going over depth charts and realized that Kansas City's projected starting five are all left handed. Has that ever happened in the history of baseball? I just thought that was an interesting fact and hadn't heard anybody mention it before.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

lefties

Postby scab man » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:10 am

lefties rule!
scab man

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby prodpaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:20 am

Not all five but 4 of the five will be. They actually are planning a 4 man rotation unitl Appier gets back which should be around Mid to late April.

Anderson L
May L
Affedlt L
Gobble L
Appier R
Is the plan. Hope those L's turn into lots of W's.
;-D

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Re: lefties

Postby Rkiivs » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:45 am

scab man wrote:lefties rule!

Yep, look for the Yanks to come shopping late season when they have the bean town boys breathing down their necks. Still don't know why everyone is giving up on Boston already. I think they arguably have the best pitching staff in MLB (starting and bench).

(weird factiod: both Everly brothers were lefties, also)

Enjoy!

Rkiivs
Rkiivs

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:22 am

I agree about the Boston staff. A four game series could really be frustrating when you face Pedro for game 1, get completely off-balance with Wakefield for 2, eat Schillings heat for 3, try to hit Lowe's breaking ball all day for game 4, and face a pretty good bullpen in Timlin, Sauerbeck, and eventually Foulke. Replacing Walker with Reese tightens up the defense in the middle, and that alone might get your starters another inning or two every start. Less wear and tear on the relievers is always good. Plus adding Foulke will add to everybodies win totals.

I also like the Mariners staff.

But back to KC, I love the fact they are lefty loaded. They are about the only team that is. However, I do question the bullpen. MacDougal came out hot last year then fizzled. Has that been solved? Those 4 big Boston guys, all right-handers. I think D May will have an awesome year this season.

Postby djacks » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:01 pm

I expect MacDougal to struggle and eventually Leskanic will get the closer job in KC...he did a decent job with the Brewers a couple of years ago...

Gotta love the Lefties!

I'll be a the "K" for opening day!
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:03 pm

Actually I think Mac will be fine......Leskanic is there also....and I would not be surprised to see Grienke up my June 1 or so....the guy who I predict a stud season from is Affeldt....has the best deuce in the AL next to Zito
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers