DL Help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

DL Help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DL Help!

Postby visionsofhoff » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:01 pm

So Justin Morneau just went down for the year and won't return. A player in my league wishes to put him on the DL because it is a keeper league and he wants to keep Morneau, but he can't because Morneau is only listed as DTD due to the fact that the twins now have an expanded roster.

The league is currently in playoffs and I'm not sure if I should permit this type of move or not. Whats the ethics with this?
visionsofhoff
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DL Help!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:51 am

visionsofhoff wrote:So Justin Morneau just went down for the year and won't return. A player in my league wishes to put him on the DL because it is a keeper league and he wants to keep Morneau, but he can't because Morneau is only listed as DTD due to the fact that the twins now have an expanded roster.

The league is currently in playoffs and I'm not sure if I should permit this type of move or not. Whats the ethics with this?

i'd let him put the player on the DL if i was the commish. he's been announced as being out for the season and it's clear that he'd be on the DL if it was earlier in the year before the rosters expanded.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
visionsofhoff wrote:So Justin Morneau just went down for the year and won't return. A player in my league wishes to put him on the DL because it is a keeper league and he wants to keep Morneau, but he can't because Morneau is only listed as DTD due to the fact that the twins now have an expanded roster.

i'd let him put the player on the DL if i was the commish. he's been announced as being out for the season and it's clear that he'd be on the DL if it was earlier in the year before the rosters expanded.

Agreed. Time of year and expansion of rosters means the team doesn't have to put him on the DL right now and this guy's fantasy team shouldn't be "punished" for it.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bigmck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 pm

In September we have a rule that if a player has an injury and is out six days in a row, he can be put on the DL.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Return to Commissioner's Corner