Yahoo! slots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo! slots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! slots

Postby petachi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 am

I am curious to know how many Yahoo! league GM's might have had this issue before and what they've done about it (if anything).

I run a 12 team roto keeper league and we use C/1B/2B/SS/3B/MI/CR/OF/OF/OF/UT/UT and SP/SP/SP/SP/RP/RP/P/P as our positions. There are a couple of owners who feel that all of these positions should always be filled with an active player and that nobody should be allowed to for example drop all catchers on their roster and leave the slot empty so that they can maybe pickup and stash an extra pitcher or player for next year or for rotation purposes.

We have an innings pitched limit to avoid pitcher streaming so that's not a huge issue but I am curious if most GM's try to make people keep slots filled and how Yahoo! allows preventing that? I'm guessing that the only real option might be to have the rules spelled out very clearly and have the league police itself but I'm not sure what type of "punishment" should/could be enacted should somebody go against the rules once it's noticed that they have empty slots.

Thoughts?
petachi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo! slots

Postby Torr » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Well here's my two cents... I personally think that if a player wants to drop a catcher to hold on to an extra pitcher, that is just strategy (good or bad). Especially with an innings limit league, I say let the managers be creative and try to think outside the box.

If you must do this though... I don't think any setting in Yahoo will help. You could simply make the rule known (be it all slots filled, or only 1 slot empty, etc.) and tell everyone that you will enforce it by taking over the team and dropping the "extra" player that they added to thier roster.
Torr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner