Study says spanking is bad for young kids - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Study says spanking is bad for young kids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Study says spanking is bad for young kids

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:49 pm

acsguitar wrote:It's a rich neighborhood whole foods

is there any other kind :-?

i always want to go to one because of Top Chef but they are all about 30 minutes away from me...plus i would probably end up spending like $500 there
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:It's a rich neighborhood whole foods

is there any other kind :-?

i always want to go to one because of Top Chef but they are all about 30 minutes away from me...plus i would probably end up spending like $500 there

My Problem with whole foods is they act all hippy but are run by a libertarian....anyways they have good food. So whats a brutha to do...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:35 pm

jfg wrote:I don't know, spanking is still the only occasion where pain is inflicted on a human non-consensually and it's not against the law. I don't see how spanking is above the law no matter how light it is being done. And I don't buy that spanking is the only way to teach right from wrong because I'm absolutely sure that it isn't.

Don't people make the argument all the time that emotional pain is worse than physical pain?

And I don't think anyone's made the argument that spanking is the only way to teach right from wrong, it's just still the method quite a few people choose (and the most effective in some cases - like with my kid).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:43 pm

My Dad used to tell me that the quickest way to send a message to the brain is through the seat of the pants. :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:My Dad used to tell me that the quickest way to send a message to the brain is through the seat of the pants. :-b

That's what my priest used to say, wtf... :-S
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Madison wrote:
jfg wrote:I don't know, spanking is still the only occasion where pain is inflicted on a human non-consensually and it's not against the law. I don't see how spanking is above the law no matter how light it is being done. And I don't buy that spanking is the only way to teach right from wrong because I'm absolutely sure that it isn't.

Don't people make the argument all the time that emotional pain is worse than physical pain?

And I don't think anyone's made the argument that spanking is the only way to teach right from wrong, it's just still the method quite a few people choose (and the most effective in some cases - like with my kid).

Yeah it's not the only way but it's highly effective. And like I said earlier, you're not really trying to cause pain just startle them. Really you only have to spank them once or twice, then you just have to threaten a spanking and they get right quick. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:17 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:My Dad used to tell me that the quickest way to send a message to the brain is through the seat of the pants. :-b

Thats a good point an Imma let you finish....but this pencil has one of the best points of ALL TIME!

I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Thats a good point an Imma let you finish....but this pencil has one of the best points of ALL TIME!

That pencil has a good point and Imma let you finish....but these are some of the pointiest boobs of ALL TIME!

Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:28 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:I am pro spanking, but for 2 and a half year olds and up. Problem is, my wife is anti-spanking. I think I am slowly starting to win out, as my two boys seems to take advantage of her 'harsh' punishments. I highly doubt I could spank a little girl, if I was to have one in the future. I am somewhat of a softy.
My biggest problem, though, is that I tend to laugh at all of the crzy stuff my boys do, and spanking with a big :-D on my face is somewhat counter-productive.

I'm all for spanking the wife...with a big :-D on my face
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Madison wrote:
jfg wrote:I don't think this will come as a surprise to anyone but I'm anti-spanking. It might be a good deterrent to showing right from wrong but that doesn't mean it's right. I wouldn't want my boss at work to slap my face for making a mistake at work nor would I slap my wife's face for forgetting to pay a bill or whatever. I feel that example and conversation fares much better than resorting to physical punishment. I know I'm not going to sway any opinions but to me it is abuse, plain and simple. The fact that it is the only time that physically hitting someone (outside of sport) is acceptable proves it the exact opposite to me.

A smack on the butt is a whole lot less "abuse" than many other things out there. Public ridicule by your peers, pushups until you're so physically broken down you puke (military anyone?), solitary confinement, and the list goes on and on.

Spanking isn't abuse as long as the person giving the spanking isn't out of control (there's a HUGE difference in a spanking and a beating).

Who pukes from too many pushups? That's nuts. You just made that up Mad. Nobody in the history of military service has ever puked from pushups...unless you're doing the pushups on somebody's stomach, or maybe watching Oprah do pushups.

What goes on in that sick mind of yours Mad?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk