Police Say Mom Found Long-Lost Son Online, Raped Him - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Police Say Mom Found Long-Lost Son Online, Raped Him

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Police Say Mom Found Long-Lost Son Online, Raped Him

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV VMAs to say that Beyonce should have won. 8-o

Obama called Kanye a "jackass" off the record, and some about-to-be-fired reporter Twittered that he said it.

:-D

Now Kanye can tell everyone how Obama hates black people. ;-7

Going by hows Kanye is... I wouldnt be surprised

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

knapplc wrote:I could not care less about Obama's opinion of Kanye West.

Of all the things to write a news article about.

Honestly, I find stuff like this to be pretty cool. Obama called Kayne exactly what he is and it's nice to see the human side of a president occasionally. (no different than when he called the Wall Street exec's bonuses "shameful".)

Now if he'd just drop the "mandated" portion of his healthcare bill (that he swore he'd never pass while running for president), I'll be just peachy. :-]
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:53 pm

i find it interesting that this evolved from a thread about a mom raping her long lost son to how big of a douche kanye west is.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 811)

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:05 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i find it interesting that this evolved from a thread about a mom raping her long lost son to how big of a douche kanye west is.

Evolution FTW! :-b

But I like this Evolution better. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fezzik » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:30 pm

The story seems very one-sided, but if true...yeah...ridiculous/gross. I also found this in the comments section of the Oakland article. Take it for what it's worth, but at the very least it seems like temporarily withholding judgment until the facts come out would be the prudent course of action.

"Now that the Oakland Press has found it neccesary to write a one sided story, I'll fill in the missing details. Yes a son was given up for adoption. Yes, he found her on the internet, or actually they found each other. They met with the permission of the adopted parents, and were able to spend time together to allow him to meet his siblings. This boy was 15 at the time and had emotional problems, had been in trouble with the law and threatened his adoptive parents, also diagnosed as being bipolar. This should have been a sign to proceed with caution. The Oakland press reports as if she tracked him down for sex, which is ludicrous. This was meetings and visits that spanned over a summer to reconnect a family. When things didn't go his way threats were made. Well now those threats have come to light. There are other children to be considered here, that love their mother very much. Before people judge her, lets get the facts. Our court system is innocent until proven guilty!!!!! When the truth comes out I hope the Oakland press will report the truth with accuracy. We all feel for the boy, but putting an innocent woman through this is unjust. He needs serious help."
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:40 pm

fezzik wrote:The story seems very one-sided, but if true...yeah...ridiculous/gross. I also found this in the comments section of the Oakland article. Take it for what it's worth, but at the very least it seems like temporarily withholding judgment until the facts come out would be the prudent course of action.

"Now that the Oakland Press has found it neccesary to write a one sided story, I'll fill in the missing details. Yes a son was given up for adoption. Yes, he found her on the internet, or actually they found each other. They met with the permission of the adopted parents, and were able to spend time together to allow him to meet his siblings. This boy was 15 at the time and had emotional problems, had been in trouble with the law and threatened his adoptive parents, also diagnosed as being bipolar. This should have been a sign to proceed with caution. The Oakland press reports as if she tracked him down for sex, which is ludicrous. This was meetings and visits that spanned over a summer to reconnect a family. When things didn't go his way threats were made. Well now those threats have come to light. There are other children to be considered here, that love their mother very much. Before people judge her, lets get the facts. Our court system is innocent until proven guilty!!!!! When the truth comes out I hope the Oakland press will report the truth with accuracy. We all feel for the boy, but putting an innocent woman through this is unjust. He needs serious help."

If they had sex, then none of the surrounding details really matter. Makes for uhhh..... an unusual... story, but still doesn't really change anything.

Now if that writeup is attempting to say they didn't sleep together, then I agree the courts will have to figure out if they did or not.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby fezzik » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Madison wrote:Now if that writeup is attempting to say they didn't sleep together, then I agree the courts will have to figure out if they did or not.

I felt this was the clear implication. If they slept together, then... :-P
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 pm

fezzik wrote:
Madison wrote:Now if that writeup is attempting to say they didn't sleep together, then I agree the courts will have to figure out if they did or not.

I felt this was the clear implication. If they slept together, then... :-P

But it didn't say that. I figured for sure there would be a "they didn't sleep together!" line in there somewhere, but there wasn't. The closest thing was this:

This boy was 15 at the time and had emotional problems, had been in trouble with the law and threatened his adoptive parents, also diagnosed as being bipolar. This should have been a sign to proceed with caution.

And it looks more to me like a list of excuses for "why" they slept together. :-P
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Madison wrote:
This boy was 15 at the time and had emotional problems, had been in trouble with the law and threatened his adoptive parents, also diagnosed as being bipolar. This should have been a sign to proceed with caution.

And it looks more to me like a list of excuses for "why" they slept together. :-P

It could be a list of excuses for why, or it could be a list of reasons to doubt the kid's word. That's what I would like to know - where are we getting this allegation that they slept together? The kid? Is there evidence? That's the thing.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:08 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i find it interesting that this evolved from a thread about a mom raping her long lost son to how big of a douche kanye west is.

Why are you suprised? Mookie just started posting random stories until something stuck. :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk