Posey Called Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Posey Called Up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Posey Called Up

Postby Montana168 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:41 am

SF Giants C Buster Posey was called up yesterday. posey was originally not supposed to come up when rosters expand but the injury molina is battling has changed their plans. he's not supposed to have much value down the stetch because he won't play everyday, but he can be very valuable next year as most of u know.

my question to everyone here is, is he the best prospect callup we will see this year? big time prospects like heyward, bumgarner, smoak, etc look like they are almost guaranteed not to be called up this september. i already have brian mccann in my dynasty league and i'm going into the playoffs with the number 1 seed, leading by 20+ games over the number 2 seed. should my number 4 waiver be used on posey? i know for sure that he will be picked at 5 after me if i choose not to grab him, and he will most likely fall to me, but should i hold out for the aforementioned prospect and risk losing my waiver, or go ahead and take posey?
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Posey Called Up

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm

I would use the #4 on Posey. If one of those other 3 get called up, there's a good chance they'll be grabbed by the 1-3 waiver holders. I would use the #1 on Posey anyway though, there's no gurantee with those other guys.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball