h2h playoffs support thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

h2h playoffs support thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: h2h playoffs support thread

Postby thejusman1 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Well, Chris Carpenter basically knocked me out of my only money league. 7ER in 6IP. There's always next year... or fantasy football...
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 am

Let me see, my H2HWS team rallied from a 10-2 deficit this weekend and tied it up at 6-6. The difference was two blown saves from Madson and Bell yesterday which would've otherwise tied saves and had given me the win. Second year in a row, I've lost on ERA tiebreaker, only this time in the quarterfinal instead of the final. Story of my life. :-S

Looks like the only H2H league I'm still standing in is Brad Evans' wacky pitching-weighted H2H points league, but next week I'm facing a team that has a boatload of two-start pitchers including Lincecum. Bah.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:06 am

lost by less than 2 points in a H2H points league in the semi's. i was the #1 seed, lost to the 6 seed. Felix pitched a gem for me last night but they pulled him after 7 and 109 pitches. Nelson Cruz had a chance to win it for me in the bottom of the 9th with an RBI single, but he K'd. no joy in mudville :,-(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Grouperman941 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Lost in my first round thanks to the injuries to Beckham, Stewart, and Hamilton. Still just needed three runs last night from Utley, Cruz, or Davis to tie it up, but lost runs by 1, RBI by 4, Ks by 3, and WHIP by .1. (Also lost wins by 2, and avg was not close.)

Frustrating end for a team that was awful due to injuries in the first half and undefeated in the second half. Almost picked up a spot starter for Ks, but I only needed 5 each from Kazmir and Pedro, and did not want to kill ERA. Kaz put me ahead in ERA but killed my WHIP and Ks.

:~(
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby swyck » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 pm

swyck wrote:Finished 18 games ahead of second, way behind in the first round. Still close in some cats but a real chance I'm going to get bounced. Why do I play H2H? X-I !+) :~( :*)

Yep. Made it close in the end but got bounced out in the first round after running away with the league the whole season.

Good news is in my other league I barely squeaked into the playoffs, and I'm advancing to the second round on a tie breaker. I'm sure to win that league. :-b
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby DbacksRback » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:57 pm

had 2 first round buys in the money leagues....
started Wandy in both ;-D
started Nolsaco in both :-t

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 pm

I was up 9 - 3 on Saturday in my H2HWS match up, and lost 6 - 5. What a meltdown, I feel like the Mets.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Won 8-4 in the H2HWS South first round as the #5 seed, taking on the #1 this week..
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killertofu2222 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:09 pm

just lost Sizemore and Morneau in back to back weeks, luckily had a bye the first week but now its not lookin good. oh well, time to go into hibernation, maybe get a job and save up for that Phish summer tour '10

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby fezzik » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:15 pm

After being the #1 seed in all three of my leagues (12 team H2H Cafe Keeper league, 16 team H2HWS league, 12 team money league), my teams are still going strong...hopefully this will be my year! ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers