Rate this team of SP supremacy... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate this team of SP supremacy...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate this team of SP supremacy...

Postby fezzik » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:39 pm

12 team H2H...6x6 with OPS and CG's as the additional categories..
okay, I did an autodraft (since my friends couldn't get a time where everyone could be at a live draft), so I guess I ranked some SP's a little too high...6 of my first 9 picks were SP's.

C: I. Rodriguez
1B: Teixeira ( :-P )
2B: Vidro
3B: E. Chavez
SS: A. Rodriguez
OF: M. Ordonez
OF: L. Walker ( :-P )
OF: H. Matsui ( :-t )
Util: J. Gonzales ( :-t )
bench: C. Patterson
bench: J. Reyes
bench: Klesko

SP: R. Johnson
SP: Oswalt
RP: J. Isringhausen
RP: A. Rhodes
P: Mulder
P: Beckett
P: Webb
bench: J. Santan
bench: J. Contreras

for some reason, the commish decided to go with weekly roster changes instead of daily (apparently, so people who checked their team daily didn't have an advantage :-? ...he actually wrote that), so the extra SP's are kind of pointless (barring injury...or I guess I can rotate in the guy who gets 2 starts during the week).

Anyway, Kolb didn't get drafted. Should I drop Klesko for him? Or maybe package Chavez and Klesko for an elite 1B and move Teixeira to 3B? I don't think I'll be able to trade an extra SP for fair value until the season starts.

Thoughts?
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:07 am

You have neither power nor speed on this team my giant friend.

You did the opposite of the LIMA plan. You can pick up good pitchers during the year but it is hard to do for an infield.

I would first see what 1b are out there. Nick Johnson may be available - if he is grab him, move Tex to 3b and peddle Chavez for a stud OF.

Then start moving some pitching for a 2B and another OF. Drop Contreras for Kolb, move Santana to your starting rotation and try to trade Oswalt and/or Beckett for the hitters you need.

Don't be so down on L. Walker. I would start him until he falls apart, but you must replace Matsui.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team