Pablo Sandoval ??????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pablo Sandoval ???????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pablo Sandoval ???????

Postby rodimus » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 am

Anyone have any real info on this guy? Anyone from the Bay area with some better info would be great.

All the info on the world wide webernet is very vague and not helpful at all.

Considering his games are late right now I can't risk putting him in unless I know for sure. I know he pinch hit last night but they took him right out after he walked.

TYIA

WHIR
rodimus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pablo Sandoval ???????

Postby schmidty » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 pm

rodimus wrote:Anyone have any real info on this guy? Anyone from the Bay area with some better info would be great.

Considering his games are late right now I can't risk putting him in unless I know for sure. I know he pinch hit last night but they took him right out after he walked.

TYIA

WHIR

Well, I'm not from the Bay area. But I'm another concerned Panda owner. Reading the reports from the SF beat writers, what I'm hearing is: 1) the injury isn't serious at all, but 2) the Giants are taking it SUPER cautiously, as long as they're still hanging in the WC race.

Of course, the last official word I heard was Panda was feeling great on Tuesday and maybe he'd be back on Wednesday. And now it's Thursday and he's still not in the lineup :-t As long as we're not being lied to, I don't mind if he takes a couple extra days to be ensured of being 100% for the rest of the season.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rodimus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:25 am

schmidty wrote:
rodimus wrote:Anyone have any real info on this guy? Anyone from the Bay area with some better info would be great.

TYIA

WHIR

Well, I'm not from the Bay area. But I'm another concerned Panda owner. Reading the reports from the SF beat writers, what I'm hearing is: 1) the injury isn't serious at all, but 2) the Giants are taking it SUPER cautiously, as long as they're still hanging in the WC race.

Of course, the last official word I heard was Panda was feeling great on Tuesday and maybe he'd be back on Wednesday. And now it's Thursday and he's still not in the lineup :-t As long as we're not being lied to, I don't mind if he takes a couple extra days to be ensured of being 100% for the rest of the season.

Thanks....

It's annoying how little reporting goes on if your not a "large" market team. If this were Cano or Bay, this would be talked about everyday. It's been a huge pain trying to get some real info. Looks like he's out today too. I hate having to play Inge or Montero over the Panda.
rodimus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby schmidty » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:17 pm

rodimus wrote:Looks like he's out today too. I hate having to play Inge or Montero over the Panda.

Crud :-C I was buying into the idea that they were "saving" him for the big series with the Rockies. But if he sits today, he must be really bad. Now I see "flu" listed as one of his symptoms. Is it me, or are there a lot more "flu" injuries this year? I hardly ever remember guys missing games for that before - it was the kind of thing players used to just suck up and play through. Now it seems about half my roster has missed games because of the flu. Not saying that players are wimpier this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was the teams that were taking a hard-line stance against guys playing with flu symptoms - with the world-wide flu pandemic scares going on and all.

Anyway, at least Inge or Montero are reasonable replacements. I have to just go catcher-less, since I don't have a backup C on my team and don't want to drop a valued bench player for a day or two for some catcher scrub. On the bright side, my H2H opponent's catcher is Benji Molina ... and he's in the same boat as me! We've both been going catcher-free most of this week, so it kind of balances out :-)
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates