My First Accident - Need Advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My First Accident - Need Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: My First Accident - Need Advice

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:What's the difference between BMW's and porcupines? :-D

reminds me of the difference between Cowboy boots and Western boots :-b

Actually I don't think I've heard that one. :-?

it was something about cowboy boots having poop on the outside
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:23 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
reminds me of the difference between Cowboy boots and Western boots :-b

Actually I don't think I've heard that one. :-?

it was something about cowboy boots having poop on the outside

nice.

Then there's the difference between Harley's and vacuums. :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sticky Spice » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:56 am

Not surprisingly, not everything has gone as I expected.

First, yesterday I went to the dealer I bought the car from and got an estimate so that I'd have it in hand today.

Then, today I thought I was meeting a Nationwide adjuster at a local body shop. Instead, an employee at the body shop did an estimate and took pictures - no Nationwide person at all. They are going to get the estimate and photos to Nationwide. There was some pressure to get my work done there - this whole thing is called "Nationwide Insurance Blue Ribbon Drive-In Appraisal Program." Both places agreed the damage is just the front bumper and wiper fluid bottle.

If we go with their body shop they pay the body shop directly, the body shop makes all the arrangements with Enterprise so there is no hassle with the rental car, and they have a lifetime warranty on their work.

I just feel safer going with the dealer in case anything goes sideways. The problem is that the dealer's estimate is $125 more than this other body shop's estimate and I don't know how much of a pain it will be to get it out of them. I'm too cheap to pay it myself. I think what comes next is that Nationwide calls me again.

There's an update. If this weren't such a pain in my ass it would almost be interesting.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:09 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Not surprisingly, not everything has gone as I expected.

First, yesterday I went to the dealer I bought the car from and got an estimate so that I'd have it in hand today.

Then, today I thought I was meeting a Nationwide adjuster at a local body shop. Instead, an employee at the body shop did an estimate and took pictures - no Nationwide person at all. They are going to get the estimate and photos to Nationwide. There was some pressure to get my work done there - this whole thing is called "Nationwide Insurance Blue Ribbon Drive-In Appraisal Program." Both places agreed the damage is just the front bumper and wiper fluid bottle.

If we go with their body shop they pay the body shop directly, the body shop makes all the arrangements with Enterprise so there is no hassle with the rental car, and they have a lifetime warranty on their work.

I just feel safer going with the dealer in case anything goes sideways. The problem is that the dealer's estimate is $125 more than this other body shop's estimate and I don't know how much of a pain it will be to get it out of them. I'm too cheap to pay it myself. I think what comes next is that Nationwide calls me again.

There's an update. If this weren't such a pain in my ass it would almost be interesting.

Man I'd be pissed. I'd see if I could trade it back in to the dealer even if it costed me a little more.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am

Do not pay for anything out of pocket. By law you can take the car anywhere you want to have the work done and Nationwide has to pay every penny of it. I believe I've said that multiple times. :-S

What they are not required to do is do anything in a speedy matter, or make things easy should you decide to go somewhere they do not recommend. Did you ask the dealer if your warranty will be affected if the work is done somewhere else? :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby markj11 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Metroid wrote:What's the difference between BMW's and porcupines? :-D

One has pricks on the outside... :-b

Nice. I've only heard: If Lindsay had as many d***s sticking out of her as she had stuck in her she would look like a porcupine.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:37 am

Sorry for delay - this was just a traumatic experience ;-7

Once I told the dealership that I bought my Santa Fe from that the insurance company's body shop estimate came in lower they said something to the effect of "we'll take care of it" meaning they would do it at the same price. I did not investigate the impact having the work done at another place would have on my warranty since it worked out this way.

The funny part was when I drove 45 mins to this dealership, had Enterprise pick me up and take me to their office, they asked for my license only to have me remember that my license had expired a couple weeks beforehand on my b-day !+) So they had to take me back to the dealership to take my car back home. It worked out about the same since the dealership had to order my bumper cover then have it painted first anyway.

I have a weird relationship with my car now... she's tainted. Any sense of having a new car disappeared once she was damaged. :,-(
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)

Previous

Return to General Talk