Bottom 1st: NY Mets
- A. Pagan hit an inside the park home run to left center
Ball lined through the gap and gets stuck under the padding of the fence, Victorino throws his hands up deeming the ball unplayable...no umpire signal...Ibanez picks the ball up and Pagan scoots home.
Top 9th: Philadelphia
- E. Bruntlett lined out to right center
A flair to RF that Francouer made a good diving catch on...except 2B umpire Rob Drake initially rules it a trap. Francoeur assumed he caught it and looked to roll his wrist on the catch. While on the ground Bruntlett notices the trap call and makes it to third. Francoeur gets up and lividly protests the call with Drake. Umpires huddle around and reverse the call. Although it was the right call, it's pretty lame for the other umpires to overrule the umpire who had the best view of the play. Charlie Manuel comes out, argues, gets ejected.
Bottom 9th: NY Mets
- B. Lidge relieved R. Madson
- A. Pagan safe at first on first baseman R. Howard's fielding error, A. Pagan to third
A ball tight to the line, where Howard is guarding, still goes to his backhand and it gets through his legs down the line and into the corner. Pagan gets to 3rd on the play.
- L. Castillo safe at first on second baseman E. Bruntlett's fielding error, A. Pagan scored
A ball to Bruntlett's right but not too far into the hole, Bruntlett looked to rush the play and bobble the pretty routine grounder.
- D. Murphy singled to second, L. Castillo to second
A ball deep in the hole, right behind the 2B bag. Bruntlett gets to it with a slide but it bounces out of his glove. Tough play to make but there was a chance that he can field it cleanly and get an out at 2nd.
- J. Francoeur lined into triple play, L. Castillo out at third, D. Murphy out at second
3-2 count, runners on the move. Line drive caught by Bruntlett for 1, steps on the bag for 2 and tags Murphy for the 3rd and final out. The first time in MLB history that an unassisted triple play ended a game.
, n. 1.
every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2.
a day of rest for the bullpen. 3.
innings eater. 4.