Jersey 101? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Jersey 101?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jersey 101?

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:48 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:If that is real I'm about to buy at least 10 jerseys.

I can understand having a jersey to relax in on occasion but why would anyone want to own 10? Is this a fashion statement that you want to be making? Call me a nattering nebbish of negativism but this this just proves to me that you take the boy out of the trailerpark but you can't take the trailerpark out of the boy.

bygones

do they have a Blue Jays Danny Ainge throwback?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

I can understand having a jersey to relax in on occasion but why would anyone want to own 10? Is this a fashion statement that you want to be making? Call me a nattering nebbish of negativism but this this just proves to me that you take the boy out of the trailerpark but you can't take the trailerpark out of the boy.

bygones

I was exaggerating quite a bit about what I would actually buy, but I could find 10 Yankee jerseys that would be cool to have (Jeter, A-Rod, Rivera, Teixeira, Gehrig, Berra, DiMaggio, Mantle, Sabathia, Burnett). I ended up buying 2 jerseys. They only have Halladay and Wells in the Blue Jays.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:55 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

bygones

I was exaggerating quite a bit about what I would actually buy, but I could find 10 Yankee jerseys that would be cool to have (Jeter, A-Rod, Rivera, Teixeira, Gehrig, Berra, DiMaggio, Mantle, Sabathia, Burnett). I ended up buying 2 jerseys. They only have Halladay and Wells in the Blue Jays.

Is that you on the right?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:40 pm

I got my jerseys today! I made my initial order on Aug. 19, and they shipped it Aug. 22. So it took 10 business days to get to me(in VA). They told me it would take 7-15 business days so I can't complain about that. The Vick jersey(size 52) fits well it is a little long though, I had read they were long online at other sites. The Jeter jersey fits pretty well too but it probably would fit better in a size 50 instead of 48. I haven't noticed any defects with the jerseys at all, there are a couple loose strands in a few places but that isn't something I care about especially for less than $40. I'm really happy with the service and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. I'll post some pics later.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:35 pm

so these are 100% authentic?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:13 am

I recently ordered jerseys from a similar site (yoyocart.com), a Keith Hernandez throwback ($18), Mark Sanchez Road white ($18), and USA Dream Team basketball shorts ($10). If these jerseys are similar quality, they seem to be fully authentic to me. The stretchy material, double stitching, and everything else is in order, including the hologram tags, etc. etc. I compared my Sanchez jersey to the $250 Chad Pennington authentic jersey I have, and they are the same quality. FWIW, they did take a long time to ship, shipping was expensive, and my brother ordered a Wayne Rooney jersey that still hasn't come (though I imagine in another day or two or right after the holiday weekend, it will), but those are just risks you run when buying this way.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 374)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 am

bigh0rt wrote:I recently ordered jerseys from a similar site (yoyocart.com), a Keith Hernandez throwback ($18), Mark Sanchez Road white ($18), and USA Dream Team basketball shorts ($10). If these jerseys are similar quality, they seem to be fully authentic to me. The stretchy material, double stitching, and everything else is in order, including the hologram tags, etc. etc. I compared my Sanchez jersey to the $250 Chad Pennington authentic jersey I have, and they are the same quality. FWIW, they did take a long time to ship, shipping was expensive, and my brother ordered a Wayne Rooney jersey that still hasn't come (though I imagine in another day or two or right after the holiday weekend, it will), but those are just risks you run when buying this way.

Thing is about soccer jerseys is they're so reasonably priced to begin with. Paying $50-60 on a shirt (albeit without customization) is great value for a jersey that's an excellent replica of the authentics. I have a couple of rare kitroom jerseys and although the embroidery from the exact authentics the players wear is different from the retail replicas, the differences are very marginal. Buying say, a Lakers replica jersey from an authentic one is like night and day, but a Manchester United replica is just about no different from the real United kitroom stock.

I buy my jerseys from Subside Sports because they also include the authentic printing and sleeve badge work. Their service is also quality and even with orders that deal with a lot of customization, I get them usually within a week's time. However, I checked out Jersey101 for this season's United Wayne Rooney jersey and it comes with the shorts for $35. That's an awesome deal, given the shorts are always sold separately unless it's for a kid's kit. The jersey and shorts look good, except for the missing league champions badge on the other sleeve, but that can be bought for say $10 at most. So, we're talking about $45 before shipping whereas with other sites, it's $59 plus the Rooney 10 customization ($20+) and the badge addition ($10+). Basically, you'd be saving 35-40% when all expenses are factored in, but if you're a stickler for authenticity, then you wouldn't mind paying extra and seeing that the club is paid indirectly for their licensed shirt. Plus, when I was a boy, I got a Barcelona shirt that looked real, but it gave me a terrible rash for days. %-6
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:40 am

On Jersey101, they only charge you $1.80 per item to ship. All the stuff is $38, so it comes out to $39.80 per item.
Last edited by KCollins1304 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:31 am

KCollins1304 wrote:On Jersey101, they only charge you $1.80 per item to ship. All the stuff is $38, so it comes out to $39.80 per item.

MOD EDIT
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby ayebatter » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:57 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:On Jersey101, they only charge you $1.80 per item to shit. All the stuff is $38, so it comes out to $39.80 per item.

I'm usually able to shit for free where I am from.

Presidential privilege ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1428)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk