Jersey 101? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Jersey 101?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jersey 101?

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 pm

I was very hesitant to get one but my like I said my cousin brought his over and it was great quality from what I saw I might take a chance one one and see how it is and go from there.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:45 am

I have a few Mitchell & Ness jerseys in my collection and there are some very good ripoffs out there, so good that if you pay full price, the difference seems negligible. I'd pay attention to the tags, as there are some discontinuities between the M&N logo as well as the M&N logo for that collection (i.e. Cooperstown Classics). Also, I believe if you have a M&N jersey that isn't made in the US, say it has "Made in Korea" on there, it's likely an imitation, no matter how intricate the ripoff is. Over time, there are a couple of threads that will come off the seams and protrude a bit. Not good. I have a Dallas Cowboys Emmitt Smith M&N throwback jersey and it shows those kinds of signs. Not that I mind because I got it for free as a Christmas gift. Besides, at the time, the Cowboys had some clause where they didn't want to follow the NFL in allowing M&N to reproduce their jerseys, which made it quite easy at the time to know a Tony Dorsett throwback wasn't legitimate (think M&N is now licensed to produce Cowboys throwbacks).
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 660)

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 am

I researched the site over the internet and read several different fan forums where people discussed the jerseys and most everyone seemed pleased with the jersey. Obviously, they're most likely not authentic, but everyone says you really can't tell the difference and for $40 it's a really great deal. I ordered a Jeter home jersey w/ the 2009 stadium patch and a white Vick. I put in my order on the site yesterday and then they emailed me to confirm last night and then this morning I got the paypal bill and my jerseys should ship in 1-2 days and then get here in 7-15 days. They're coming from Hong Kong according to others on other forums. Their whole process is a little weird and several commented on that, but the end result was great. I'll post some pics of my jerseys once I get them. ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:09 am

That's what I was thinking, A Jim Brown throwback for $40 is awesome when you consider that one at NFLshop.com is $285. It's not even the same design but I'll rock it for a first jersey. I still have to figure out my size though. The sizing graph tells me I need a 44, but the 44 comes up as a medium for the M&N Jim Brown throwback. That can't be right can it? I must be an extra large or a large at the very least. I was thinking of going to a local sports store and trying on jerseys to find my size. :-?

I wish they had a Bernie Kosar one too. :,-(
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:18 am

Metroid wrote:That's what I was thinking, A Jim Brown throwback for $40 is awesome when you consider that one at NFLshop.com is $285. It's not even the same design but I'll rock it for a first jersey. I still have to figure out my size though. The sizing graph tells me I need a 44, but the 44 comes up as a medium for the M&N Jim Brown throwback. That can't be right can it? I must be an extra large or a large at the very least. I was thinking of going to a local sports store and trying on jerseys to find my size. :-?

No way. A 44 would be like a tank top on me, and I'm 5' 8" 170...Myself, I would get a large 48-50...so if you're 6'2" 260 you may want to look into the XXL.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:24 am

bigken117 wrote:
Metroid wrote:That's what I was thinking, A Jim Brown throwback for $40 is awesome when you consider that one at NFLshop.com is $285. It's not even the same design but I'll rock it for a first jersey. I still have to figure out my size though. The sizing graph tells me I need a 44, but the 44 comes up as a medium for the M&N Jim Brown throwback. That can't be right can it? I must be an extra large or a large at the very least. I was thinking of going to a local sports store and trying on jerseys to find my size. :-?

No way. A 44 would be like a tank top on me, and I'm 5' 8" 170...Myself, I would get a large 48-50...so if you're 6'2" 260 you may want to look into the XXL.

6'2" 220 actually...I'm not that fat! :-b

You still think I'd be a XXL though? :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

Metroid wrote:
bigken117 wrote:

I'm 6'1" 210 and got a 52 which is XL according to them.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:32 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
bigken117 wrote:

Do you have any jerseys alreadw? What's the fit like? Any football jerseys? :-?

I know I've seen the little G's on the corner wearing NFL jerseys and they were just swimming in them, like down past their knees, I don't want that to be me. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am

Metroid wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
Metroid wrote:6'2" 220 actually...I'm not that fat! :-b

I know I've seen the little G's on the corner wearing NFL jerseys and they were just swimming in them, like down past their knees, I don't want that to be me. :-D

I don't have any authentic jerseys, but I have one replica Kevin Jones that I got after his breakout season 3 or 4 years ago. I can't remember what size it was but it fits me too tightly these days, probably best since Kevin Jones isn't really taking the NFL by storm these days. So that probably doesn't help at all, but thought I'd share. :-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:44 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:

I don't have any authentic jerseys, but I have one replica Kevin Jones that I got after his breakout season 3 or 4 years ago. I can't remember what size it was but it fits me too tightly these days, probably best since Kevin Jones isn't really taking the NFL by storm these days. So that probably doesn't help at all, but thought I'd share. :-D

I don't think these are "authentic" either. If you figure out what size it is post it here. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk